Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:24 AM   #11

Nice shots, spiritbro!! As a farm boy, I can honestly say that it looks like a nice herd of holsteins that you decided to shoot! You must have been in dairy country...but it looks like a down home farm by the looks of the swing in the b/g. Nice! It looks like a lot of farms that I see on my route everyday & think nobody is gonna want to see! Thanks for posting! ALso, I really like the downtown b&w! Nice idea to convert! there's just something about b&w that is comforting!

Thanks,

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:29 AM   #12

Spiritbro, the subject is nice and YES cattle can be quite interesting to shoot.

One thing to remember whether or not you have anti-shake or whatever, take the time to breathe. Slow-down and COMPOSE. Don't depend on the cropping you're able to do later. With film, we learnt to do it in-camera otherwise it would be too expensive - not to say we didn't do cropping later.

In the case of your image above, it is off-center and a little soft so take your time. Was I too rough??? Keep on posting, specially rural areas, they seem to be disappearing quite fast - like the two-dollar bill (how many of you in the States have seen one of them?)

My dream before I die - go to Newfoundland and the Eastern cost of N. America AND to Japan - they're greener to me.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:11 PM   #13

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
Spiritbro, the subject is nice and YES cattle can be quite interesting to shoot.

One thing to remember whether or not you have anti-shake or whatever, take the time to breathe. Slow-down and COMPOSE. Don't depend on the cropping you're able to do later. With film, we learnt to do it in-camera otherwise it would be too expensive - not to say we didn't do cropping later.

In the case of your image above, it is off-center and a little soft so take your time. Was I too rough??? Keep on posting, specially rural areas, they seem to be disappearing quite fast - like the two-dollar bill (how many of you in the States have seen one of them?)

My dream before I die - go to Newfoundland and the Eastern cost of N. America AND to Japan - they're greener to me.
No man you weren't too rough. Im just learning and can use all the criticism I can get. I appreciate the input for sure! I AM learning that breathing is important. Kind of like shooting a pistol. Breath in, let half of it out, squeeze the trigger between heartbeats Anyway, thanks for the critique.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote