Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2006, 1:57 AM   #1

http://www.photozone.de/active/forum...ge?ID=1074671A

Well, since Roland, our Pentax Prophet is not here, I post his post here which I think should be of great interest by any Pentaxian, especially who want to see an upgrade path from Pentax, and finally.

To me, the K10D seems to be an extremely strong and powerful DSLR, except the continous frame rate is at the low side, i.e., only at 3 fps (but still unlimited for large fine jpegs).

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:57 AM   #2

Sounds like a troll to me. :roll:I meant the information provider in the link. :?

Obviously he has no basis to back up hisinformations or even links to prove that at least he knows whatis hetalking about.

22 bit image processing. Sounds impossible with today's technology. :roll:

Dust and weather sealed body. Fora camerakit that cost 1000 USD? :roll:

Full metal body. Oh my goodness! :P

"Pentax has many patent for dust removal, by shaking dust off (similar to Olympus), by using sort of anti-staic ion gun, and other things. I don't know the method choosen for the solution in the K10D, could be one of them, a combination of all or a selected few. But I'm sure it will be good."

"from the drawing and info on the patten app. it appears not to be internal, rather than a devise that hooks onto the bayonet mount and sucks everything out of the shutterbox. Turn the pic 90* clockwise, you can make out the mount, shtter, ccd, pentaprism, viewfinder etc."

"It reads to first blow air over to dislodge, than oops everything out."

Sounds ridiculous to me if true.

You are getting a Nikon D200 for 1000 USD? :roll:

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:08 AM   #3

If it is a k100d with 10mp and fast AF. Good enough for me!
Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:02 AM   #4

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
22 bit image processing. Sounds impossible with today's technology. :roll:

Dust and weather sealed body. Fora camerakit that cost 1000 USD? :roll:

Full metal body. Oh my goodness! :P

Quote from 1981: "A computer with an internal "hard drive"? Who on earth would need 5 MB storage capacity? And a screen with other colours than green? Impossible with todays technology! 75 kHz processor speed? Don't pull me off! And a "mouse" to code the strings? All this at less than 10 000 USD? Give me a break!"

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:41 AM   #5

Ahh, but that was from the 1980's.

The Nikon D200 was announced only back in November 2005 and cost £2299.99 / €3435 (kit).

It has a magnesium alloybodywith weather sealingsand12 bit image processing. :roll:

So one year later youcan get all those in a kitfor 1000 USD? :idea:Wow, technology has certainly leapedespecially with Pentax too.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:58 AM   #6

What does your avatar signify?
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:52 AM   #7

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
back in November 2005
With the speed electronic technology develops and the prices drop that is when the dinosaurs reigned on earth.:blah:

I bought my ist*DS in November 05. It was then half the price of an *istD, yet it had some improved features.I'm still amazedby the capacity of thisnearly magic device.Today I could buy a K100D for significantly less, and get the SR.

Kjell
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:45 AM   #8

Roland Mabo is a regular contributor on dpreview and has always had a great deal of inside information on new Pentax cameras and has historically been correct on most of his information. If Roland says the camera will have something it usually will have that feature, so I would not discount his word if I were you.

Just because the D200 does not have some feature (internal SR) why is it not possible for some other camera to have it? My DS has less noise at high ISO than my friends D200 and that is an older technology than the D200, so I am not sure why that camera is the holy grail of camera technology.

Since you are only speculating and Roland knows people with the K10D already in hand, I would take his word over your speculation any day.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:54 AM   #9

Code:
Roland Mabo is a regular contributor on dpreview and has always had a great deal of inside information on new Pentax cameras and has historically been correct on most of his information. If Roland says the camera will have something it usually will have that feature, so I would not discount his word if I were you.

Just because the D200 does not have some feature (internal SR) why is it not possible for some other camera to have it? My DS has less noise at high ISO than my friends D200 and that is an older technology than the D200, so I am not sure why that camera is the holy grail of camera technology.

Since you are only speculating and Roland knows people with the K10D already in hand, I would take his word over your speculation any day.

Tom

Alright, I didn't know that. :?

I just found it hard to believe that's all. :O

We will see how it turns out, if it all turns out as stated; then all my previous comments will automatically betaken back.

Bye.

BTW, did I even mentioned the SR.? :roll:Besides that, I didn't mentioned anything about ISO on either camera.

Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:09 AM   #10

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
The Nikon D200 was announced only back in November 2005 and cost £2299.99 / €3435 (kit).
Todays price (Scandinavian Photo) with the 18-70 kit lens is €1890. That is 1000 for the camera and 890 for the letters on the front.

Kjell