Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:20 AM   #1

Two days of rain here in south central Minnesota--I can't imagine what it must be like on the east coast this weekend. Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and put up some of my stuff on the web. rickst.smugmug.com

Stop by and take a look and let me know what you think.

Hopefully, I can get out tomorrow and at least get a couple of pictures taken this weekend...
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:17 AM   #2

you're lucky with only two days of rain, in here we have only rain. summer was over in the beginning of august . right now rain every day, not all the time but definatelly no sunshine.

that's very nice photos you have there, thanks for sharing

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 1:26 PM   #3

I really like the shots you posted. The spiderwebs are still quite cool. I also liked the shots with ground fog and #44, with the light shining down through the trees is very dramatic.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:21 PM   #4

A lot of nice images there, Rickst. As I said in another thread, your environment looks a lot like here. Guess that's why most Swedes that emigrated to America went to Minnesota.

After the driest and hottest July for decades, we have now had the wettest August for a hundred years or so. It's been raining every day since August 7, quite heavily too. The farmers have started to plough down the wheat, it's rottening in the fields. Bit of weird, is't it. But in the statistics it's a nice average for the summer.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:36 PM   #5

Whilst we clearly haven't had it quite as wet as you have in Sweeden, August was markedly different to July, yet for all that statistically they say it's been one of the warmest on record.

Mark you there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

Dom
dms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:36 PM   #6

statistics are rubbish, if you put one leg in bucket full of ice and another in bucket full of burnig coal statistically everything should be fine, but why it isn't? I don't belive in warmest august.

sorry for this offtopic but this weather just makes me miserable.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote