Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:55 AM   #11

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
I hope it is alright for meto side tracka bit on this topic; considering that you all Pentax guys also have side tracked a lot on the other RiceHigh threads. :-)

RiceHigh, I just saw you profile and you are an engineer??? :shock:Man, I always have a high respect for engineers, and I planned to be one someday(s).......Which field of engineering are you in? Aeronautical, Mechanical, Civil (construction), and (or) others?

I guess my earlier prediction of you was right after all, when I asked you whether are you an engineer.

Hope to get a reply from you. :-)
:-))))

To know more about me, go to my homepage and you'll have more clues about my profession :-) (and about me, too)

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:11 AM   #12

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
This is posted in wrong forum. Could a moderator please move it to the Pentax Digicam forum?
I'm actually not intended to discuss about the E10, but solely about how Pentax are outsourcing their manufacturing and/or R&D jobs for their products. And how bad the effect to a brand name and its reputation can be if this is not done and controlled properly.

To put even more relevance to the forum theme as you folks've suggested, just to name a few examples about Pentax DSLR gear outsourcing, it was discussed times at PZ and Dpreview forums that the lens factory at Vietnam for making Pentax DA and D-FA digital lenses had been outsourced and the lens and optics are being designed and/or produced by 3rd party (nothing can be verified, though - but users overthere in Vietname reported that). The first lens made overthere was the FAJ 18-35 which had been reported by numerious owners that their copies have very poor performance and QC problems (but surprisingly mine is OK). Another example is the DA 16-45 lens, the 2nd lens made in that factory. The production was halted for over one month in 2004 owing to some unknown reasons and that the lens was "renowned" for its underexposure problem by at least half a stop.

There is also the Tokina and Pentax's "co-development" case, it is therefore there are many more things to be concerned..

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:27 AM   #13

Quote:

Anyway, I note that recently you have faced various difficulties in running your corporation and with the challenge of keeping competitive against the major big players in the field such as Canon and Nikon and that keeping manufacturing cost low would probably be highly desirable - so as to remain competitive and maintain the profit margin. But what I can tell you a bit more about myself is that I am also a (maybe senior) management staff of a very large engineering company (scale comparable to your corporation) and that I face the same difficulties and challenge but then I have the bottom line of not letting my customers lose confidence in our products/services and that I must retain the old customer base, of which the customers were indeed not easy to seek in the past, as far as possible and as best as I can.

RiceHigh, Ireallyhad to read through that wholeextensiveletter of yoursin order to find outthat piece of information!! :-):lol::!:Greatly writtenletter though!!

http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/A_...rporation.html

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:33 AM   #14

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
This is posted in wrong forum. Could a moderator please move it to the Pentax Digicam forum?
I'm actually not intended to discuss about the E10, but solely about how Pentax are outsourcing their manufacturing and/or R&D jobs for their products. And how bad the effect to a brand name and its reputation can be if this is not done and controlled properly.
I think it'sfairly obvious, from the title you chose to use on this thread, what you're intentions were. You have started at least three other threads in this forum with titles that focus on negative perceptions of Pentax equipment. Seeing as how this is a Pentax forum (and you know full-well what the reactions to these threads will be) it's obvious that you aren't asinterested in discussing these issues as you are stirring up trouble.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:46 AM   #15

PENTAX owners are very SENSITIVE!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:56 AM   #16

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
PENTAX owners are very SENSITIVE!
Nope, not sensitive. Just tired of the negative atmosphere created by the intentional "troll" threads.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:07 PM   #17

Sorry, that was just kidding only. :G
Old Oct 25, 2006, 1:06 PM   #18

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
Benjamin, I've been watching your posts here and in the 'what to buy' forum. You make alot of valid points in that forum, and a few in here as well. I don't quite understand though, why you come into all the Ricehigh posts and defend him to no end, to a fault.

This thread in particular, does not even belong in this forum. If ricehigh wanted to do anything in any way shape or form to cause anything aside from trouble, it could have been done in the following manner:

this should have been posted in the pentax digicam forum. if Ricehigh were had any positive things to say at all, that post would contain the following: a disclaimer to all pentax digicam owners that the division at pentax that makes their dSLRs has a much higher quality product that shouldn't be compared with their digicams.

Instead, he posted it in the DSLR forum, the only pentax forum where their owners actually care and choose their products because they are a good product (i'm not saying they are the best DSLRs by any means, but that they suit the needs of many people who are on a budget but still want quality).

Again, i just don't understand your endless defending of ricehigh, can you offer us an explanation?
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 1:36 PM   #19

milrodpxpx wrote:
Quote:
BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
Benjamin, I've been watching your posts here and in the 'what to buy' forum. You make alot of valid points in that forum, and a few in here as well. I don't quite understand though, why you come into all the Ricehigh posts and defend him to no end, to a fault.

This thread in particular, does not even belong in this forum. If ricehigh wanted to do anything in any way shape or form to cause anything aside from trouble, it could have been done in the following manner:

this should have been posted in the pentax digicam forum. if Ricehigh were had any positive things to say at all, that post would contain the following: a disclaimer to all pentax digicam owners that the division at pentax that makes their dSLRs has a much higher quality product that shouldn't be compared with their digicams.

Instead, he posted it in the DSLR forum, the only pentax forum where their owners actually care and choose their products because they are a good product (i'm not saying they are the best DSLRs by any means, but that they suit the needs of many people who are on a budget but still want quality).

Again, i just don't understand your endless defending of ricehigh, can you offer us an explanation?

I believe since he has not bought that perfect camera yet for his price he has to do something.

I am feeding the troll like post and apologize but this stuff is really nothing more than a waste of bandwidth including my post.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:08 PM   #20

I just like RiceHigh! :-)I just don't like to see him being flamed at when he is actually providing certain informations...Instead, I feel that youall Pentax guysare rather harsh at both me and RiceHigh, as long as we said something that give just a "slight" hint of negativity.

I just don't know why you Pentax owners are just so over protective overyour things...Personally, my favorite cameras has also been bashed here and there...or else, I could just well be more excited at getting them.

Regards.