Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:24 PM   #21

Here I go again. I know better than to respond to this garbage, but ....BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
....as long as we said something that give just a "slight" hint of negativity.
Slight hint of negativity? Hmmm...let's look at a few of his thread Titles, shall we?

"Worst of the worst Digital Cameras ever...Pentax takes the crown"

"Pentax's marketing lie(s) on the K10D"

Slight hint? He's posting this in a Pentax forum. This isn't some poor guy who's being attacked for his opinions. This is a person who comes here for a pre-determined purpose.....to stir up trouble.Anyone can see that.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:35 PM   #22

Alright, if you find my post garbage (which might be true), I will then leave this place (Pentax forum) for good. (Ibet you guys would surely be happier)

See you all then...
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:38 PM   #23

If you really want to experience bashing just go post something negative that you heard about Canon , but don't own a Canon atthe Canon furm at dpreview...Were a bunch of puppies here..
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:41 PM   #24

I found the problem!

HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:52 PM   #25

Before I leave, I want to clarify this though>>>

Code:
Slight hint of negativity? Hmmm...let's look at a few of his thread Titles, shall we?
Yes, you have mentioned the more extreme ones, however, there were a few that was just about the K100D's review, and theshake reduction'sreview before those extreme ones...but you all guys reacted so strongly in those threads without those extreme titles anyway...
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 3:38 PM   #26

Are Ricehigh and Benjamin the same person ? justa thought. Benjamin won't be able to tell us because he has left the forum - but Ricehigh might.

Still enjoying every aspect of my K100D. Got a teleconverter tody (e-bay purchase), which will make a difference to my wildlife shooting.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 5:39 PM   #27

I already commented on the possibility that he was a sock puppet troll........

:O
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:03 PM   #28

it is not just us here that take exception to RH's posts
a quick google search will find you other forums that also take exception to his comments and style of comments
like.........
"RiceHigh too biased to trust"
"
This "reviewer" got himself banned from dpreview because of his pathological whining about underexposing Pentax cameras"
"He's WAY too biased to give any sort of objective opinion."
" Mr Ricehigh has some sort of vendeta against Pentax as evidenced by his own posts on dpreview.com where he is now banned."
"why did this guy even bother writing this having not even seen the camera in real life"
"
I basically told him it was absurd to "review" a camera that he hadn't seen, much less touched or--God forbid--used."
"
Too bad MOST of his logic AND engineering methods and measurements are FLAWED."
"Arrrgggh. I don't know where to begin, but first let me say that "middle grey" is not 125 in RGB color space but 110. That pretty well destroys his "exposure problems"

just to mention a few, and these were not Pentax forums
some forums had sense, and just didnt reply at all

so it isnt just us

so
is this where Mony python starts again
yippeeeee

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:46 PM   #29

Do note that the "Worst Digital Camera Ever" is the title created by DCHQ's Editor for his latest article, which subsequently appeared as the headline news at PentaxLife.com on the day before.

Do note also that it was the Editor who selected Pentax as the brand who have made such a "Worst DC Ever", not me.

Afterall, I just quoted the article title when I came across the news and post it here.

I think any Pentax user should be aware of the news and comments / feedbacks made by the Editor and most importantly, all the very fair but adversed comments reflected by numerious angry and disappointed Pentax users/buyers (almost *all* who have written an user review overthere), who have purchased the Pentax camera which they felt it is so inferior.

It is all about the brand name PENTAX, of which the brand I actually love. When the users say that they won't buy a PENTAX again and will tell all others not to buy PENTAX also, any existing Pentax users should know about this and why.

Believe it or not, it's all up to any of you folks, I think I'm a true Pentax lover (but of course not a blind one). I felt really very sad wholeheartly to see a camera with a PENTAX badge on it can perform like this! Well, my Optio 330 is a true excellent DC, in contrast. What do you think as people now say that OPTIO stands for "Oh, Please Turn It Off!"??

Do remember when you guys are being accusing me of being stirring thing(s) up and bad-mouthing Pentax, please trace back just a little bit more about the root cause and facts of each case reported, which I'm afraid you die-hard blind brand loyalists and Pentaxians would have never been able to do and with no intention of any kind to do (so that you never do).

In a few words, if Pentax don't look with a more serious sense and in a more serious way for their wrong-doings, so as to prevent future happenings, they cannot survive sooner or later and anyone who buy into Pentax can have the chance to be the next victim, no matter they are new or old Pentax users, and before that the brand name Pentax becomes a really bad name, which anyone would avoid, someday!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Here I go again. I know better than to respond to this garbage, but ....BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
....as long as we said something that give just a "slight" hint of negativity.

"Worst of the worst Digital Cameras ever...Pentax takes the crown"

"Pentax's marketing lie(s) on the K10D"

Slight hint? He's posting this in a Pentax forum. This isn't some poor guy who's being attacked for his opinions. This is a person who comes here for a pre-determined purpose.....to stir up trouble.Anyone can see that.
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:51 PM   #30

Well, Ben, it's actually not so difficult, just see my title and link included along with my author name at each of my major pages.. :-) (mostly at the bottom of the pages)

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Anyway, I note that recently you have faced various difficulties in running your corporation and with the challenge of keeping competitive against the major big players in the field such as Canon and Nikon and that keeping manufacturing cost low would probably be highly desirable - so as to remain competitive and maintain the profit margin. But what I can tell you a bit more about myself is that I am also a (maybe senior) management staff of a very large engineering company (scale comparable to your corporation) and that I face the same difficulties and challenge but then I have the bottom line of not letting my customers lose confidence in our products/services and that I must retain the old customer base, of which the customers were indeed not easy to seek in the past, as far as possible and as best as I can.

RiceHigh, Ireallyhad to read through that wholeextensiveletter of yoursin order to find outthat piece of information!! :-):lol::!:Greatly writtenletter though!!

http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/A_...rporation.html

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote