Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Aug 13, 2002, 2:54 AM   #1
PWW

Default AA battery holder for PENTAX EI2000

Does any body know where I can buy the AA battery holder for PENTAX EI2000? If I am not wrong the part number is 39440. Any further information will be appreciated.
PWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2002, 1:28 PM   #2

You can find on here, I had bought two last year from them. [email protected]

fax 867-873-3957 or call 867-873-2196

Yellowknife Foto Source

I hope this helps, tell them Ed Hardy send you

[Edited on 9-21-2002 by Frostbyte]
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2002, 8:30 PM   #3
PWW

Ed: Thank you for the information. It is nice to know that I am not alone using the camera. I like the camera but have struggled to find the replacement Li-Ion battery, particularly now that the product has been discontinued. Just to give me an idea, how long will the AAA batteries last without using the LCD screen?
PWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2002, 12:09 AM   #4

Hello PWW

I have been using rechargable AA batteries, my mistake was to buy 2 sets of four batteries rated at 1300MaH only, the camera needs a higher rated battery at 1400 MaH. These batteries still work and have given me a full year plus of use with about 100 recharges or so. With out the LCD, battery life is a few hundred shots with out flash and once the batties drain out the low power plays whacky with the camera software and sometimes I need to open the battery door and re-set the batters in to make things work again. For our holidays and a few shooting asignments I used comerial store bought AA and had great performace from everready and duracells at twice the shooting power. With my single block battery I get a better performace as compared to the rechargeables.

Now with my new D60, The Pentax IE2000 now is my back up spare and the rechargables will go to waste I feel with lack of use. I 'll keep a pack of store boughts in the camera bag to cover this.

I hope this helps

Ed
Frostbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:47 PM   #5

I came across this thread in a Google search. If anyone is looking for these battery doors, I have a few of them available that I could sell. Email me at chrisbrogdenatyahoodotcom if you're interested.
chrisbrogden is offline   Reply With Quote