Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Feb 27, 2004, 7:52 PM   #1
cws

Default Pentax 555

Does any one know what kind of converter is needed for the 555 battery charger for use in Europe?
cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:14 PM   #2

Every digital camera I have ever bought came with a dual voltage charger. You should need only a converter plug. I never had trouble finding one easily in a local shop once I got there. If you buy in the US they often have only kits with every adapter you might ever encounter. Most of Europe is standard on the simple two pin plug and the converters are easy to find. GB has a crazy thing designed by a committee that looks like it could power a small office complex, but the adapter plug is readily available in shops.

Occasionally hotels will have an odd plug, but they will usually provide an adapter for you.

You might have someone with a 555 check specifically for dual voltage, but I would be really surprised if it werenít dual voltage like almost everything else.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 10:12 PM   #3
cws

Thanks, I also emailed Pentax thinking I would never hear from them, however they replied confirming your info that all that is needed is the proper cord for the charger which may be available in Radio Shack. Thanks for your reply.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:27 PM   #4

You donít even need the cord. You can use an American extension cord and just put an adapter on the plug if you think you might need more reach. If Radio Shack wants to sell you a kit with all kinds of adapters just wait until you get there. I never had trouble finding a simple converter plug in a local electronic shop. Of course there is the convenience of having it with you and not having to spend valuable vacation time looking for a plug adapter.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:43 PM   #5
cws

slipe
Hey that's a great idea. I am all for simple. Thanks again. cws