Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Mar 31, 2004, 12:28 PM   #1
1C5

Default Optio S4i movie length question

Does anyone know how long it will let a person take movies for? thanks!!
1C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 3:24 PM   #2

i just got my s4i last week...the length of videos is limited only by the size of your memory and the life of the battery
guillermobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 3:15 AM   #3

Default the camera

i'm looking at this camera to buy, can u tell me if it's worth it? and what's the bad things on the camera? thnx.
bite me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 8:59 AM   #4

Honestly, I've had the camera for a week and a few days now and I cannot really report any problems. I know there are a lot of people out there who knock the camera because the pictures quality is inferior to say, their digital rebel. But I've taken a bunch of pictures with the camera using different modes and everything seems really clear to me. I took some up close pictures of some flowers using the camera's flower mode and the pictures look crystal clear.

I'm yet to print any of the pictures out...I'll have to wait and see on that but from what I've read prints come out nicely. Bottom line is that if you want a camera that you are literally going to take everywhere and takes good looking pictures, get the s4i. I was in between the s4i, the canon powershot 410, and the casio ex-z40. The canon was too bulky for what I wanted and the casio cost $50 more for basically the same (if not less) features other than a bigger LCD screen.

I got a 256 MB card yesterday and I can take something like 180 pics on the camera now. And since the battery seems to last forever, I'm perfectly happy with my purchase. Hope that helps.
guillermobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:37 AM   #5
1C5

Wit the 256, depends on the picture quality and the size. With the biggest size and 3 star quality, I can take 88 pictures on my 256 card.
With the lowest quality on smallest size, I can take thousands.
1C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 6:37 PM   #6

hi,thnx for the reply, just wondering what's the warranty on the cam? because i'm heading to New York from Canada for vacation and if i see it, i'll prob. buy it and if it breaks down, like to know the warranty length. thanx.
oh, by the way, how much did u buy yours for, plz indicate if it's u.s. dollar, thanx.
bite me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:15 PM   #7

Default optio s4i

I too am quite happy with mine.

I think the warranty is a year.

I bought from ritzcamera because it was $349 delivered and they had a Money back Guarantee and had it in stock.

Its a great little camera with the best feature set of any camera that is small. The only way to get more features is go with large Size Digicams that are 12+ ounces.

Digital Camera tend come in around 3 size ranges

Around 4oz Small
Around 8oz Medium
Around 12oz Large

And DSLR Extra Large

The Optio is in the small Catgory and of course their are tweeners.

---------------------------

Main features of interest to me:
Small Good quality camera
Good Pictures
Good Macro (2 inches)
Remote
Video Out
Fast
Good Battery Life
Tripod mount
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote