Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 3, 2004, 10:16 PM   #1

Hello, I have had the Optio S4i for 3 days now and have been taking hundreds of pictures to see if I like the camera and test all of its features. Anyway, I updated the firmware to 1.01 and am noticing some strange happenings and just wanted to know if anyone else has seen these:

• Having trouble focusing at full telephoto (not digital)[/*]
    • Seems like I cannot get a focus when not using Green Mode - especially when heavily backlit
    [/*]
  • Slower response when trying to zoom in when reviewing pics[/*]
mrmegadeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2004, 4:13 AM   #2

Hi,

I have also upgraded, but I did it almost right after I got the camera in my hands... so I did not test the v1.00 so much. I have tested telephto now, and it is fast and focuses correctly. Perhaps you try to focus at parts having little contrast? Remember that this focussing system is very much like the systems on SLRs. If the object is having very little contrast, focus at something else at similar distance, keep shutter halfway down, and recompose before taking the picture.

Hope this helps...

Arne
arnelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 5:04 AM   #3

I used the Camera both ways, works well. AF and and Pentax's is pretty damn good have trouble with low contrast.

I really do not like green mode much. I use program mode. They both Auto all except you can not make any changes in Green mode.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 5:04 AM   #4

I used the Camera both ways, works well. AF and and Pentax's is pretty damn good have trouble with low contrast.

I really do not like green mode much. I use program mode. They both Auto all except you can not make any changes in Green mode.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote