Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 13, 2004, 11:31 PM   #1

My problem with it is that mine will not focus. It seem to have a lot of problems in "low lighting." By that I mean a 100 watt light bulb in my bed room. I was trying to take a test pic of my cat in her bed and it refused to focus.

I have had the camera for about 5 hours and hate it with a passion. I am so tired of dealing with Pentax! I owned the S4i and it could focus on all of these trial shots without a problem, however its outdoor landscape shots were too soft and I didn't like them.

I am fed-upand refuse to even look at another Pentax as I now have to replace this digital camera, too.
mrmegadeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 2:16 AM   #2
ndi

Quote:
I have had the camera for about 5 hours and hate it with a passion.
I have had a S40 for about a day now and I must say that I am inclined to agree (although I would replace the word "hate" with "disappointment").

My sister has a Optio S and I had a Optio S4 (which I sold to my brother to buy the Optio S40). Based on favourable experiences with the S and S4 cameras and the "on paper" features of the S40, I thought I was onto a winner. It seems I was wrong however and mine too has difficulty focussing among otherproblems (see other posts).

I think the problem with Pentax lately is that they rush products to the market before they are fully developed and debugged. A good example is in another post where someone ponited outthe spelling mistake on the S4i menu.

What a shame as Pentax is an innovative manufacturer with good ideas but seems tobe unable to implement them without flaws. Their philosophy seems to be to "never make a camera too perfect".
ndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 12:53 PM   #3

I had the S4i which I liked everything about it except the picture quality - too soft. Then I saw Steve's review of the S40 and he said the pics were much sharper and all the white paper specs were similar so I figured it would be the "perfect camera." But as I have outlined in other posts I really was unhappy with its performance. Now, I am fed up with Pentax and won't look at any of heir camera for a while.
mrmegadeth is offline   Reply With Quote