Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jun 12, 2004, 6:28 PM   #1

I take pics at 640x480, ***. Pictures come out great except when I take pictures of the sky. I get lines across the whole pic. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
neneago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:50 AM   #2

Can you please post a sample picture, it will be easier to understand your problem then?!

Arne
arnelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 8:37 AM   #3

Take a look at the attachment
Attached Images

Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:55 AM   #4

Your sample picture is very odd, indeed! In fact, I have yet to test the camera at this low resolution. Have you taken similar pictures at higher resolutions? Anyway, the pictures should not look like this. You are not doing anything wrong.

The strange thing is that the stripes looks like 50Hz interference on my web-cam! Have you taken this photo in a place where there are powerful power-lines in the air (or in the ground) close by??? If this is so, then the camera is not to blame.

I will do a similar sky photo at low resulution here, although I have not seen a blue sky for some time now, here in Trondheim...

Arne
arnelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:32 AM   #5

I live in Japan. I never get the lines unless it's that shade of light blue.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:42 AM   #6

Hi,

I have the same camera but never seen the phenomenon you show on your picture. Interested as I am, I have tried to find out what this could be. I have found the page http://photos.msn.com/resources/targ...Mistakes_p.htmwhere you find under the heading "6. Eerie patterns emerge" interesting facts on interference of repetitive patterns.

CCD, camera resolution and TFT/CRT resolution work with patterns. I thought that two of them (or all three) could lead to this "moiré" effect.

I suggest you print this picture to find out if you get the stripes on paper also. If so, you might have to increase the camera resolution.

I wonder if it helped.

Regards

Mark

HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:53 AM   #7

I'm going to increase the resolution and see what happens. Been a bit cloudy the last couple of days. I'll have to test on a good day.