Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:13 PM   #1

I'm considering purchasing the Optio 555 for all the reasons everyone else states: 5X zoom, 5 megapixels, small size, etc. But in addition, I'm intrigued by the 3D feature. When I was a kid I used to take 3D pictures with my father's camera by doing double exposures -- one with a red filter, and one with a blue filter. Then, I would view the prints with movie-style 3D glasses. Amazingly, this worked! Then, years later, I got a Nimslo 3D camera. The prints were like those 3D post cards (unfortunately, I can't get these pictures developed anymore). So now I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the 3D feature on the Optio 555 (or other Pentax cameras with this feature). Does it work reasonably well? Thanks!
chopinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 7:10 AM   #2

Hi,

I have not tried this featureof my Optio S4ibecause I do not have a special interest in 3D. Here an article which might be of interest to you: .http://www.ephotozine.com/techniques/viewtechnique.cfm?recid=258 . You will notice that the principle is, that "the brain" assembles the two pictures- one from each eye -to make them look like one 3D-picture. This also means, that every person willexperience the 3D effectin a different way.

Probably you will have to find out for yourself whether you like it or not. The "special glasses" can easily be cut out of a piece of cardboard. Important is, that each eye only sees one picture.

Regards Mark
HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the info! It looks like you could do this with pretty much any camera, but the Pentax just makes it easier to align the left and right images. Also, in the process of researching this, I found there is a place that still develops lenticular prints for the Nimslo and other 3D cameras: http://clik3d.com/index.html
chopinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:12 PM   #4

I submitted a roll to Clik3d in February. No pictures... They used to send back replies to my queries that we are backlogged, we just changed equipment, etc... Now they don't even both to answer their phones or answer queries to order status...
Jimrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:30 PM   #5

:evil:I agree......"Clik 3d" is a useless worthless company....they don't know the first thing about customer service, reputation or communication!!

Just like you, i sent 4 rolls of film back in early August....they told me they were a month behind, so i waited.....called back and someone said they misplaced my order.

Finally, only speaking to Mr. Hirsh (a manager), did i gettosome truth.....Oresee 3d company went out of business and Clik3d took all their customers rolls to get developed except they didn't bother to tell their 4 star (which i am) and 5 star customers what was going on and they mixed up my order with theirs and claimed someone had messed up their Clik3d site.

I tried to tell Mr. Hirsh that you should write a message on your site that says "due to extreme backup, we can not accept any 3drolls until further notice...", but he didn't listen! I told him if he was smart, he better get his lab technicians and staff to work overtime and get caught up if he wants business...AKA..customers!

He claimed the staff won't answer the phone because it takes to much time. Well, that needs to be changed among many....many other mistakes and lies on Clik 3d's web page!

Till this day, i too have still not recieved or heard from the company!! If anyone else
is having the same problem, i'd love to hear from you....

master3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:22 PM   #6

Master 3D I had the same experience with Clik 3D. They charged my card

for 4 rolls 8 months ago and have been promising me they will send them

since.

They don't answer their phone anymore, and I even suggested to Hersh to at

least have a message that the phone # was Clik 3D and they can't answer the

phone or something but that was months ago.

I had to find Hersh's phone number at Venga Systems the company that owns

Clik3D at 514-489-7175. He does answer the phone and he gave me the same

story as you that they screwed up my order then they came up with a new way to

develope the film, then they found some other country to develope for them....etc.

It doesn't look good to me and I wish there was something to do about it. I have

paperwork from the Attorney General of New York to file a complaint but I don't think

Clik3D cares. Hersh keeps insisting they will ship film eventually, and the company

is not going out of business( like the other 3D printing companies) or being sold,

but I don't trust a word he says now.

What do you think?
3DMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:16 AM   #7

Hi,

the best way to know what they are up to is looking at their financial postings. They are publicly traded and have to release the information.

look at http://www.sedar.com/search/search_form_pc_en.htm

and put in "venga" in the search area. Read the most recent financials.

The company has a pathetic track record of achievments, and the two kwinters bros. have no background to do any of what they say.

You can also file complaints in Ontario and Quebec where they list as doing business. The better Business Bureau is also a good place to lodge complaints.
infonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:31 AM   #8

Contacting the ombudsmens of newspapers and television are good methods to get a companies attention, especially publicly traded ones. they operate out of Toronto and Montreal also and the local media would help I bet.
infonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 5:44 PM   #9

:evil:YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA.......THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE CLIK 3D AND SEE IF THEY SHOULD BE IN BUSINESS...

THANKS TO CLIK 3D......3D IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!!!!

I HAD 15 GLORIOUS YEARS WITH 3D COMPANIES WITH OVER 14,00 TV/MOVIE/MUSIC/CELEBRITY 3D PICTURES...NOW I'M GOING TO SELL THEM BECAUSE "CLIK 3D" DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN!

EVEN AFTER PROMISES OF PROMISES THAT MY PICTURES WERE BEING DEVELOPED, MR. HIRSH (WHO I HAD TO CALL AGAIN) TELLS ME THEY WERE NEVER FINISHED AND THERE SENDING BACK MY ROLLS WITH MY REFUND BECAUSE HE CAN'T GET MANAGE HIS OWN STAFF (ESPECIALLY HIS LAB TECHNICIANS, WHO NEED TRAINING AGAIN), BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FOLLOW ORDERS TO GET PICTURES DONE.....{PERSONALLY, MR. HERSH SHOULD GO BACK TO MANAGEMENT CLASS, BECAUSE HE OBVIOUSLY FORGOT HOW TO RUN A GOOD BUSINESS.....YOU NEED SATISFIED CUSTOMERS}!!

master3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:49 PM   #10

Thanks to all of you here who have posted your personal experiences with Click3d or Venga or whomever. My friends think I blowing them off with showing them results of many cool photos. Were talking, 3d photos of the Venice canals, Rollercoaster shots at Magic Mountain, CA, and lots of cool nature shots, complete with close ups of trained squirrel shots of Chester the wild squirrel in my back yard.I developed them first the regular waybefore I sent them to yet another lambo company to have them developed.

December 16 2003 I sent about $600 in orders to Click 3d after speaking with a Steve from the company. I felt, as I'm sure many of you have that this company had it going on! And yes, I too received the many false promises via email. They have since stopped. This happend to me in '98 with 3d Tech out of Florida. Yep they kept my stuff too. Thanks to this forum, I can now stop holding my breath. It's too bad none of us are wealthy enough to form our own, US based 3d development company. With most film development being processed by computerize equipment today, training cant be that much of a pain? Or can it?
Klynt is offline   Reply With Quote