Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:46 PM   #1

hi, few days ago my optio s4got small white [always same place] spot on every pic under every setting in camera! example attached!!!

what this could be!? what should i do before trying to get service!? pentax doesent seems intrested in replying on my e.mails!

i got camera in germany and they said i have 24 months guarantee, but the problem is that i live in sarajevo/BH.

peace to all of you *armin
Attached Images

armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:37 AM   #2

Hi Armin,

This is a pixel error of the CCD chip. for which you should absolutely claim guarantee repair.

If you bought the cam in Germany, you should send it to Pentax Hamburg along with their "Reparaturformular" (http://www.pentax.de/pentaxeurope/pe...reparatur.html) and a copy of your invoice and gurantee certificate.

Re-write mails every day until you get their answer confirming that this is the way to do.From outer forums Iknow thatthe Pentax service Germanyhas the reputation to be very slow. It's really a petty for a reputable company like Pentax.

Good luck. Regards Mark
HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 8:48 AM   #3

thanks, i will try my best to get them! can camera die if this stays for longer!?

armin
armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:14 AM   #4

armin schrieb:
Quote:
can camera die if this stays for longer!?
This does no harm to your cam, the chip is just sort of blind on one pixel. That's all.

Mark
Old Jan 1, 2005, 9:21 PM   #5

how about those two white circle on the top part of the picture.... Is that normal? Since I have that problem in most of my night pictures..... It's very annoying with all those white circle in the pics..
hazuremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 3:34 AM   #6

hazuremon schrieb:
Quote:
how about those two white circle on the top part of the picture.... Is that normal? Since I have that problem in most of my night pictures..... It's very annoying with all those white circle in the pics..
These spots are called ORBS and you find many articles on them on the web. The most believable theory in my opinion is the presence of a strong light or your own flash light reflecting in the camera lens. To reflect flash light high humidity in a room or foggy conditions outdoors could be the cause.
I had experienced this phenomena on a sundown picture in foggy conditions.
Mark