Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Aug 7, 2004, 3:12 PM   #1

Hi I have owned an Optio 33L since June and I have taken well over 1000 pictures with it, however the bright sunny days have given a new meaning to the term "point and shoot". It is so difficult to see the display that framing is something of a guessing game. The small hood supplied with the camera helps a little but the ideal would be a hood with magnifier that would effectively convert the LCD into an EVF. I know that there have been items available for the old FD Mavica cameras from Sony but I can't find anything for the much smaller Pentax.

This would also make manual focus a lot more useful.

BTW the picture quality is superb, very little post processing required and a very high percentage of properly exposed well focused images. Only negatives on image quality is that the default settings for sharpness and saturation are rather low, but they can be changed.

Ira

Here is a sample image:
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:18 PM   #2

Too bad I can't get any takers on this one, I guess I will have to come up with something of my own, the image quality is awesome. I compared the results from this camera and a Canon S30 (the high end Canon P&S when it was only 3MP) and the results are more consistent for the Pentax.

Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:35 AM   #3

Found my own answer, check out http://www.hoodmanusa.com/hoods.asp

Hope this helps others.

BTW I will post comments on this device as soon as it arrives. Steve has reviews of the Hoodman hoods but not the magnifier hood. http://www.steves-digicams.com/digi_accessories.html always good to put in a plug for our founder.:-)

Ira
Attached Images