Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:27 AM   #1

Hi:

Just joined & First Post.. so be kind.

Just got the Pentax Optio MX (Also have a Canon S1) and although I am extreemely happy with the MX, I am having problems with the Auto White Balance of the camera. Seems like it almost never seems to recognise indor lighting. Is it common to have to manually set the white balance? The S1 has a customisable button where you can assign the White balance control.. no such luck on the MX.

Other than that.. the camera is fantastic.. just the looks you get from people alone is worth it! LOL Much smaller than the S1.. easy to carry in your hands.. bit slow.. but nice overall. If anyone is interested.. would be glad to post pics taken with the camera. (since this is a new camera and not many test shots going around)

Thanks -- Patrick
luciffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 4:57 PM   #2

Hi,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the camera. I would be very interested to see photos and even more interested to see some video shot with it.

Thanks!

docprego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:12 PM   #3

i also have the optio mx. i've found for auto white balance, keeping the flash on seems to help. i don't know if having it on triggers some kind of mechanism, but even when the flash does not go off (because there's enough light that the flash is not needed), i get a better picture. i seem to remember someone mentioning this same behavior with another camera, but i can't recall which one.
ochiruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:49 AM   #4

Can't seem to fit in the full size images in the allowed 250K posting limit.. and don't want to resize.. so here's a link to a rather large panorama shot in virtual darkness (thumbnail attatched)..

[b][color=#ffff00]
Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:52 AM   #5

links do not seem to show (Hey.. am a newbie.. LOL) .. so go here

whohasmy.com/OptioMX/
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:34 PM   #6

luciffer wrote:
Quote:
If anyone is interested.. would be glad to post pics taken with the camera. (since this is a new camera and not many test shots going around)

Thanks -- Patrick
hi Patrick could you send me a movie (short one of course, about 5-6mb top for my email cordis#superig.com.br ?

what are you thinking about this canera? what about the flash?

in low light is easy to find focus?

thanks

i am really interested in video 640 x 480 30 fps thanks
cordis is offline   Reply With Quote