Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Sep 17, 2004, 3:56 PM   #1

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows any specs on the new Optio MX 4. I was looking into buying an Optio MX and I just heard that the MX 4 is comming out. I really like the Optio MX except for2 picky things: I wish it had an optical veiwfinder as well or that it at least didn't freeze the image on the LCD when you were taking the picture, and I wish it had some kind of Image stabilization feauture. Other than that I think its a near perfectall-in-one camera.Sodoes anyone know if the MX 4 has any other new features besides an increased zoom and mega pixel?More zoom and pixels are nice but if thats all it is I'd rather just savesomemoney cause the MX's zoom and mega pixel is all I really need.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks for any input -Jon
xmustangmaniacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:19 AM   #2

i´d like to view some review about the optio mx4, to know if they have solved the problems of the previous optio mx, like shutter lag, image stabilizer, movie quality, etc.
kyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:45 AM   #3

I'm eagerlywaiting for a review of the MX4 as well.

I seriously doubt if they added image stabilization. I dont think they could have done it without making it bigger.

But, I'm hoping they fixed the other problems.
takhyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:56 PM   #4

i want to know if they have added an image stabilizer and solved the shutter speed problems in high speed subjets pics, that affected the previous model (optio mx). Hurry up steve, and review this camera asap!!!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 1:01 PM   #5
AMN

I can tell you there is no image stabilizer, the pictures are fair and I can not seem to get XP to recognize my camera:O
AMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 1:48 PM   #6

how can ypu download the pics then? via an usb reader? i´m decidingamong the optio mx4, minolta z3 and canon s1is. having in mind what you told me, i guess it´s going to be between minolta z3 and canon s1is. do you have any idea about them?

:?