Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:07 PM   #1
MJ

I just purchased a s4i. I wish i found this website earlier it seems like this camera doesn't sound too promising. Well when I first turned on the camera with a full battery the lcd screen onlyshowed glares of light. It would show different shades of foggy light depending on what i was pointing at. Turning it off and on resulted in the same screen. Only after a couple of attempts and keeping it on for couple of minutes did the lcd screen suddenly show up properly. I was wondering if there is something wrong with this camera. Now (after using it for a day), the screen sometimes shows up properly imeediately and sometimes not. If the weird screen shows up it takes a little bit of time for the proper screen to show up with a clicking sound. Please let me know what this means and if i have a defective unit. HELP!thanks!
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2004, 5:26 AM   #2

Hi MJ,

First of all you must know, that you purchased a good camera, but it needs some time to understand it, especially if it is the first digital. I am very happy with the picture quality, knowing that it is not comparable with a 2000$ SLRD.

I am in a special Pentax forum for some time now and never heared of a display problem of the kind you described. However, some SD-cards maylead tomalfunction of the S4i menu and you should try the cam without the card. If the problem still exists, bring it back, this is not normal. Otherwise you will have to get your SD card changed.

Mark

HappyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 3:18 PM   #3
MJ

Thanks Mark~

The camera does still does the same thing without the sd card and i talked to the pentax representative and said its defective. I guess i'll have to go through the hassle of shipping it back in and waiting for it...

MJ
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote