Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1

Hi,I bought my optio 30 a couple of weeks ago and never had a problem but when I tried to use it yesterday everything was out of focus.The LCD screen and when I put the picture on my computeris all out of focus.I dont have it on Macro setting I have it on the auto focus option.I tried everything in the troubleshooting part in the manual and nothing helped.I reset it to factory setting.I tried pentax's website and didnt find anything that was close to my problem.I havent messed with the settings it's set for best quality pictures.I cant figure it out.I even left the batteries out all day.I'm the only one to use it so nobody else messed with the settings.Can someone help me?Please?I'm sure you all will want more infoso you'll have to tell me what you would want.This is my first camera so I dont really knowanything.:angry:
katwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 3:00 AM   #2

It sounds like the lens has got stuck at close-up position. If you don't find any settings that put it there, it must be a hardware malfuntion. You should get it replaced on guarantie.
arnelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:28 AM   #3

I had the same problem until yesterday. It definitively is a mechanic problem. Because after a whole day trying to set and reset options, when I was keeping it in my bag, it fell off my hands onto the floor and it just started to work properly. Aparently some mechanism got stuck and needed a hit. Although I was lucky, I wouldn't recommend this action.
anfosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 2:32 PM   #4

Well I ended up taking my camera back to the store.They didnt have anymore left so I got a refund and bought a Kodak CX7330.I had to pay $50 more than the optio because that was on sale for $100.00.But they even messed around with it and said the focus thing was stuck.I emailed Pentax but they took too long to reply or else I could have sent it to them and maybe they would have replaced it if was not my fault.
katwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:18 PM   #5

Inrare case, the Auto-focus systemmalfunctioned when macrowas used in combination with the following modes[Flower], [Food] and [Pet].

There is a firmware to correct this problem for future owners...

http://www.pentax.ca/support/cs_soft...30firmware.php

Hope this helps,

Info_Man

Info_Man is offline   Reply With Quote