Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Nov 29, 2004, 2:30 PM   #1

Is it possible to connect my Optio S40 to my stereo with the AV-cable?

I have tried to plug in the yellow RCA-plug into my stereos AUX, but I only get a lot of noise. The camera display is only dark.

Anyone know if it could work somehow?

/Daniel
k_d_nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:23 AM   #2

Does the cable have just the one yellow connector? I think yellow is normally used for video, so unless it's an AV amp and you are connecting to the video in port, you wont get very far. If there is also a white (or red) connector on the cable, that should be for audio and should work connected to your amp.
rjm2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:05 AM   #3

You're totally right, when I connected the white RCA-cable to my AUX it worked fine. The tricky part is that when you connect the AV-cable to your camera and switch it on the display is dark. Therefore you have to memorize what buttons to press to play the sound you want to play.

I have also managed to make an adapter from the AV-cable to a pair of earphones, so my next project is to turn my optio s40 into a kind of MP3-player. So far it seems to work fine, even though the sound quality isn't perfect because the camera only supports very lowcompression rates in WAV. But it's still not too bad to get a musicplayer out of your camera as well.

I'll report more when I've tested it for a while.

/daniel
k_d_nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote