Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 1, 2006, 1:27 PM   #101

Can you please send me the fwdc110p.bin file. I cannot download it from rapidshare.

Thank you very much in advance

[email protected]
paolomorganti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 9:21 PM   #102

Please send Optio S Firmware upgrade (fwdc110p.bin) to [email protected]

Thanks heaps.
vintech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 1:14 AM   #103

Pentax Optio s5z has the same problem (A90) ???

or this is just for previous models???

can anyone help?

thanks

EMRAH
emrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 6:43 AM   #104

Hi,

I got the famous a90 error on my optio S like many others it appears. I was glad to see that you guys have figured it out. Anyway, does anyone one have the fwdc110p.bin file or know where I can download it from for free? The link below doesn't work anymore.

http://www.pentax.de/mediapool/attachments/photo/100/104/46139/fwdc110p.zip
My email is [email protected]
Thanks in advance

Anton
antman191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 7:28 AM   #105

Hi guys, what's the problem: I shall share it out here for a while:

http://casio.diagnostika.ee/fwdc110p.bin

Size is 2.6Meg and dated from Feb 2003.

Happy shooting and best, JR

And BTW: how hard it was to remove the extra chars from download link :-( You guys/gals are getting rather lazy IMO :-)

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 1:21 PM   #106

Hi

Could you please send me the software for the Pentax Optio S Error message A90 fix?

[email protected]

Thanks
Mark
cartwrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 11:04 AM   #107

hello Phelin !!!

I own a PENTAX OPTIO S5i with A90 error.
I have tryed your method to enter the secret menu by pressing
MENU + Flash symbol button + Power ON
but nothing... the camera acts as if I was just pressed POWER ON.

after that you said that "a white screen with data written in black should show".
can you plesea send me a photo with this white screen so I can know what to look for. It is very imp to me.

pls reply on yahoo messenger id: [email protected]
RETrACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 12:23 PM   #108

Could you please send me the fwdc110p.bin file as its not available online anywhere!

[email protected]

Thanks

Mark
cartwrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 8:14 AM   #109

Hi

I have an Optio S which failed a couple of months back whilst on holiday (of course). As it was failing I was getting a lot of weird opening and closing when trying to take a shot, this continued and become more frequent and then unusable totally, culminating in the A90 error.

I took it down to the Pentax authorised shop in Thailand - Central Trading -and after having it for 2 weeks they rang me and told me it would cost THB 8,000 to repair it. That's about US$200, so as you can imagine that didn't thrill me. I paidTHB16,000 (US$400) for this thing, so a 50% repair cost sucks.These days you can get a much better camera for less than the repair cost of US$200, with higher megapixels and features, etc, but maybe not in such a small form factor. For example, Nikon makes some very nice cameras around this price point.

So, my expensive little toy was now junk. I don't give up that easily, so when I collected it from the store today, I decided I was going to open the little baby up myself as it could be something as simple as a loose wire. Unlikely, maybe, but what's the worst that could happen, void the warranty ? There ain't one anymore !

So I jumped on google to tryand find out what the error message A90 meant anyway. And perhaps find a schematic if I was lucky.

I found this forum. :-)

I found this thread. :-):-)

I got excited ! :-):-):-)

Maybe, maybe, my baby can be saved ? No, it can't be possible ! As simple as a firmware update ? Hmm, possible I thought. :idea:

So I tried it. I downloaded the file from Rapidshare (yes folks, still works as of today), followed the very simple instructions - secret menu, etc, put the file on the card, and IT WORKED !!!

My baby is back !

Thank you ! :|

I registered at this forum just so I could post this feedback and thank you all for finding the solution and sharing it, and also to confirm to others that it did actually work for me. You guys have saved me money, which is great. The thought of buying a new camera didn't really bother me, hey, they are better today than the Pentax Optio S, but the fact that this thing died so young DID bother me, because it should last longer.

Yet another example of how these internet forums are wonderful for sharing insights, and how google totally rocks for allowing us to find the forums in the first place !

Thanks again.

If the rapidshare goes down or doesn't work for you, PM me and I will share out the file I have for the Optio S. (fwdc110p.bin)
sifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 7:55 AM   #110

sooo did anyone get their optio s4 working? mine is also stuck with the a90 msg. after 2 years and a few months also! im thinking of just getting a new one altogether. so where can i complain to pentax about this?
kellynsee is offline   Reply With Quote