Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:46 PM   #141

i have problem in update fw

if all write on CD card, but camera not find file. if from secret menu follow ROM UPDATE - FW upgrade - camera say - file error 1x1001 // i not know, what is problem

i get file fwdc110p.bin from all finds sites, and file be all alike. Problem remains ((

pls, send me, if you know decision to this problem: [email protected]

thanks
alsteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:47 AM   #142

Phelin:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for youpost (16 Sept 2005).

Wow, I'm so amazed and relieved. This fixed my Optio S. I'm happy because I like the camera for what it is, a nice little tool I can keep in my bag all the time. I get good pictures from it (I've gotten some incredible macro shots with it), good battery life, but I have to say I'll never buy another Pentax. Looks like planned obsolescence to me--a number of folks said that Pentax repair told them the circuit board needed to be replaced, yet this firmware upgrade fixed it. I was considering sending mine in for a diagnosis when I found this thread.

Does anyone have an idea what is really the cause of the problem (if it's actually a single source)? I'm very curious to know. My A90 error appeared right at the end of its 3rd year (I bought it new in Dec 2003), so it fits with what others report.

If the problem is engineered, I'd like to know. The fact that the firmware upgrade is no longer available on Pentax's websites seems tofit the conspiracy scenario. They just want to sell new cameras. It would cost them nothing to keep the firmware upgrade online.

While I'm glad I don't need to go buy a new take-it-everywhere camera, I'm supremely angry at Pentax.

mambabibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 5:29 PM   #143

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

I've been trying to figure out that whole A90 error thing for the last 6 hours and, after having to buy a new cord to connect my camera to this computer as I left mine on the otherside of the world, I then had to upload the S4i PROGRAM, THEN spent AGES getting the perfectly fine directions from other's on this page WRONG. But then realised my mistake...I'd uploaded wrong file for the S4i!! :idea:bright thinking Lucy... After getting the CORRECT file (fwdc124p) it all worked well and I have my camera back.

Thanks to everyone's tips and directions. Even a dumbass non-computer person like me could get the thing working again!!!

Now Oktoberfest will be recorded in my photographic history! Wahoo!

:|

If you're out there having probs with that stupid A90 error keep at it with these tips coz they DO work!

LLL x
lucyannabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:29 AM   #144

"A90" optio S
Hi!

1) wehre did you get this fwdc110p.bin?
2) how did you enter the "secret menu"?

thanX a lot
lifesaflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:47 AM   #145

whre did you find it?
also need a firmware..
lifesaflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:01 PM   #146

just copy 'fwdc110p.bin'*into google and search for it... ... it is there..and it works...Doc
magicdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:05 PM   #147

PENTAX OPTIO S FIRMWARE

ZIP PASSWORD IS: PENTAX A90

RAPIDSHARE LINK: http://rapidshare.de/files/36256691/POSFW.zip.html

MEGAUPLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H8TSAUOD

HOPE THIS HELPS.

GOOD LUCK ... DT :idea:
DREEMTHEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:58 AM   #148

Hi
Does anybody know anything about the OPtio s5Z? mine keeps asking me for the initial settings everytime i turn it on. i've done a search on the web but there's no info. i've tried getting to the secret menu as described here but all i can get is "ver 1.00"
Cheers

inbanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:59 PM   #149

i have finaly found a solution for A90 problem for OPTIO S , realy i work 100 %,but i can explent to you just in french :

J'ai une pentax option S , elle marchait très bien , jusqu'Ă* ce que j'ai formatĂ© la carte mĂ©moire

Et une fois que j'introduit la carte ans l'appareil il me donne une erreur A90 , et j'ai télécharger le fichier fwdc110p.bin et je l'es mis dans la carte mémoire mais toujours ca marche pas , la seul solution c'est d'endommager la carte mémoire par un formatage et puis l'introduire , je vais vous expliquer:
- a l'aide d'un lecteur de carte essayer d'introduite la carte et la formater , et encore du formatage enlever la carte ou bien stopper le formatage , alors comme ça la carte ne va contenir ni un system de fichier fat32 ni fat ni ntfs ni rien ,

Puis introduisez la dans OPTIO S , et allumer la avec le buttons on normalement ,

Puis allez au menu, puis préférence, puis formater , puis formater la avec la optio S ,

Eteignez la et ré allumer la et ça va marcher ,

Mon MSN est: [email protected]

Attached Images

Amine___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:41 PM   #150

I'm next, my 2 years old Optio S4 (without the i) gave me the A90-Error just a couple of days ago after disconnecting from USB. I read all thru the forum, nothing helped. I now know that I need the "fwdc114p.bin" firmware for the S4, which is anywhere to find.
Using fw for the S or S4i gives a File-Error 1x1001 (file not found), renaming the files to fwdc114p results in File-Error 1x1002. Anyone tried a hex-edit on those files, matching them to romKB359 ? (didn't work so far, checksum failure).
Just wrote to Pentax Germany, asking for Firmware for Optio S4. The whole family is using Pentax-Cams for years know, but we won't buy any more if there's no usable answere. Other companies are selling good cams, too...

K.:?

E D I T E D on 2006-11-16
=====================
Ok, Pentax Germany (Hamburg) quickly answered, but there seems to be no way to get firmware for the S4 (without i). They suggested to send in the cam to their service (14 Euro) - if a firmware-flash will cure A90 - it will cost nothing.
I appreciate that behaviour ... a fair offer. Really. Also they said, many other hardware defects may cause A90 Error, too. In most cases the mainboard has to be replaced.
Last weekend my wife and I bought 2 new cams, a Minolta and a Fujifilm.
Both do a fantastic job.
I'll never by Pentax again. :blah:
K.

PS.:
I got 2 Units of Pentax S4 with A90 now. At least they are still working as USB-Drives.

Kato_ is offline   Reply With Quote