Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:16 AM   #151

:sad:Hi Phelin,

Could you pleeeeeas send me the file fwdc110p.zip, I have tried forever with no luck, the dreaded A90 keeps appearing on my Optio S. Thanks:?
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:40 PM   #152

I have the Option S with firmware version 1.01 installed, and A90 error. I tried the sequence in this thread with file fwdc110p.bin and as it is the same version as the firmware inside camera it does not permit the update. Only VER 1.01 appears.

Does anyone manage to update a camera with firmaware 1.01.

Thanks for any help.
dantonvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:05 AM   #153

:?Hi Funky

You would not have the file "fwdc110p.bin" would you, if you have could you send it to me please:?I have the Optio S, A90 problem, still driving me mad trying to fix it.

Thanks

[email protected]:sad:
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:35 PM   #154

thank you thank you so much

I tried your fix and it works you made my day

thanks,

Cynthia
catcat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:20 AM   #155

catcat13 wrote:
Quote:
thank you thank you so much

I tried your fix and it works you made my day

thanks,

Cynthia

Cynthia,

What was the version of the firmware in your camera, before and after the update? Thanks for the info.

dantonvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 5:21 PM   #156

I have problems with Optio S: Cannot read the SD card. So, I thought that a firmware update might help.

When doing the update, my camera tells me that the firmware downloaded is version 1.00. I have tried to install it anyway, but the reported firmware version after update is still the 1.00 version.

I have tried all fwdc110.bin still awailable for download from the links mentioned above, and looked into them with notepad2. They all seem to contain the following text (the same info as my original firmware showed in the "secret menu"):

kb341r

Does anyone have a newer firmware?

I have tried fwdc110.bin and zip, as well as posfw.zip (with the PENTAX A90 password). They all contain the text listed above.

My SD card problem may be caused by HW errors, but if a soft fix is possible, I would like to try it out. I will not send my camera for repair (3 1/2 years old) and after having had these recent problems and read this thread, I will probably not buy the same brand (even if it has been a great camera for its size and weight... so far).

Solved! I opened the camera - loosened 6 screws - but could not find anything that looked suspicious. After putting it together again, it worked. Is that what you call "magic touch"...? It will not read my 1GB (MMC) card though, but that is OK, since I am looking for a bigger camera to do more professional pictures.

No matter whether I had fixed it or not... I just wanted to express my gratitude to those who have taken time to share information and experience on problem solving the Optio S.

henrikpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:07 PM   #157

I, too, want to thank you all in this forum for the information!
I bought the Optio S almost as soon as it was available and it only gave the "A90" screen a week ago. So it lasted longer than many others I've read about. So I followed the instructions above.

++ KB341 ++
PR : 03.03.03.18.07
LD : 2.00
MI : 94

(Identical to Snaresbrook's)
I found the final step in the initialization a bit different but seemed to work anyway.

The "A90" does appear to be a generic error message that could be any number of things. Next time I see it, that will probably be the end of this camera.

I cut down a thick plastic bag (zip-loc type) to a size just bigger than the camera but would fit into my shirt pocket. I then heat sealed the open side leaving just a flap of the bag on top to fold down over the camera when it's in my pocket. This protects the camera from dust/dirt/dandruff/food/hairs but enables me to access it quickly. Also, I filed down the small plastic bumps on the battery door because it kept catching on clothing or what-not and opened the compartment at times when I wanted to take a picture.

Thanks all!
Attached Images

C-Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 5:36 AM   #158

Hi Retrace,

I have the same model. same problem. The instructions on this forum don't seem to work for the Optio SVi model.

The appropriate firmware seems to be fwdc130p.bin for this model.

Anybody else have this model and managed to crack the problem yet?

Any help would be much appreciated. The camera took great shots when it worked. I don't fancy lining Pentax's pockets to fix a problem they seem to have engineered.

Geckoid
geckoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 5:56 AM   #159

Hi, I have the same problem with my pentax optio S4.

I have the firmware fwdc124p.bin and I put it on the sd card in the map DCIM. I start up my camera with the menubutton in and the screen says ver 1.00, than the screen turns black and it says A90...

I hope you can help me, I love my camera and I feel lost without it....
dutchykarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:00 AM   #160

HI

Suffering same A90 problem but cannot download the fix from any of the links given. If anyone has the fwdc110p firmware I would love a copy.
Thanks

Simon:sad:
lustys is offline   Reply With Quote