Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:03 AM   #11

No worries gatsu.
Infact I found that you dont need to do step 4 and sometimes, depending on the source, Virtual Dub will do the audio conversion for you so you can skip part 2.

Have fun!

nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:04 PM   #12

Any ideal will it work for Casio z750? Thanks.

Update: It works with Casio z750 too, I just use VirtualDub. Thanks!
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:38 AM   #13

hi allthank you for your tips , i need help please, useing casio exilim s500 . i followed your instruations using virtual dub, but sep 2 was problem, sound recorder can't convert┬* the audio file to ima adpcm .┬* i can watch the movie on the camera but no sound! Thank you very much for any help in advance┬*jack
jackcasios500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:20 PM   #14

jackcasios500 wrote:
Quote:
hi allthank you for your tips , i need help please, useing casio exilim s500 . i followed your instruations using virtual dub, but sep 2 was problem, sound recorder can't convert the audio file to ima adpcm . i can watch the movie on the camera but no sound! Thank you very much for any help in advancejack
thanks for nadnerb provided such useful trick!

I use DVDx to convert the video and audio (PCM format) in one step, there's no need to save the seperate .wav file and it works well in my Casio EX-Z750, maybe you can try DVDx.

btw, why there's no "Taiwan" in this forum's "country" pulldown menu?

cubie
cubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:13 PM   #15

I am also trying to convert a video file (mpg) into the format to play on my EX Z750. Using DVDx, I have input a mpg file. The output format "ffdshow Video Codec" has a MP-4 option with FourCC = M4S2 (which is used by Casio), but it has many other settings. By accepting the defaults, I get a "AVIStreamWrite failed" error message. Could you please post the settings that you used to get a successful conversion to the type of AVI file that will play on the ES Z750? Thanks.
PineTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:21 AM   #16

PineTree wrote:
Quote:
I am also trying to convert a video file (mpg) into the format to play on my EX Z750. Using DVDx, I have input a mpg file. The output format "ffdshow Video Codec" has a MP-4 option with FourCC = M4S2 (which is used by Casio), but it has many other settings. By accepting the defaults, I get a "AVIStreamWrite failed" error message.
hi pinetree:

i use "DivXR 5.2.1 codec" to convert the video first, then use "avi fourcc" to change the code. good luck!

cubie
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:39 PM   #17

My DVDx has only the latest Divx 6.1.1 codec (not the older 5.21). But it should still work OK. However, after conversion from mpeg to avi, avi fourcc gives as the only options: MP41, MP42, MP43, and DIV3. It should offer the option of M4S2 in order to change it to the format used by the EX Z750, but it doesn't. Have you (or anyone) successfully converted a mpg file to avi (MP4)- M4S2 format that can be loaded to and played by the EX Z750? Could you please share the steps and settings that worked? Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:11 PM   #18

PineTree wrote:
Quote:
My DVDx has only the latest Divx 6.1.1 codec (not the older 5.21). But it should still work OK. However, after conversion from mpeg to avi, avi fourcc gives as the only options: MP41, MP42, MP43, and DIV3.
You can type"M4S2" manually into avi fourcc's fields.

cubie
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:00 PM   #19

Uh, that's a simple and elegant solution. (I did not think of just manually entering the "M4S2" into the fields. Yes, it works fine. Followed the simple instructions given above using VirtualDub, then used AVI FourCC Code Changer, I manually entered "M4S2" into each field. Then I copied the modified video file into my EX Z750's SD card and renamed it to the next consecutive CIMG prefix.avi and it now plays correctly on the camera. Thanks for your advice.
Old May 29, 2006, 8:04 AM   #20

hi I have the casio exilim ex s500 with a 2 gig sd card
and have tried the above instructions which nearly work

it loads on the camera and I can see a thumb nail but when it plays it does about 5 frames then says this file cannot be played

Am I doing something wrong.. help

oops forgot to set
Set the 'Max Keyframe Interval' to 1

stephinson is offline   Reply With Quote