Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:27 AM   #11

I was hoping that someone could help me understand my Optio 60 I got for Christmas... nice size and when the shots are not blurry or out of focus.. nice quality.. but how do you go about taking great pics of a skyline or snapshots with out the blurriness.. any help or advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

when you see the pic on the small LCD screen it looks ok.. then get it on the PC and it is totally blurry....:??
ziggenpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:58 AM   #12

What about the speeds (shooting and reviews)?

Pentax DC are known to be slow, especially the zooming during review.

That's my experience with 750z & 430RS.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:41 PM   #13

Cuh, I gave it back to the shop. It really sucked. I expected better from Pentax, but I recieved worsed. It would blur easily and when the flash is off, pictures blur like crazy. I recommend that no-one buys it unless they want to keep the flash on and they have still hands. I changed it for a KODAK C330 and even though it is cheaper, it works much better than the pentax.

- Shock260.
Shock260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:15 AM   #14

I just recieved a new camera in the mail today. Not a bad turnaround time for Pentax! Lees than 3 weeks.

Pentax decided to send me a new camera with a new 1yr warranty rather than repair the Lens Error.

The notice in the box did not mention anything about the error that I recieved, (Lens Error)or how to avoid it in the future with my new camera.
If it happens again to anyone, go to

http://www.pentaximaging.com/custome...airs/index.jsp

to get the address and download the return shipping label
I just ground mailed it ($3.65)to Golden CO Pentax plant with a note about the problem

BTW - this camera does take very good pictures, but I would have prefered if they included in this camera:

1.Image stabilization as found in the Canon Elphs, etc

2. Flash strength adjustment

JOGO - Just One Guys Opinion

flyingtigerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:33 AM   #15

My son reports that when zoomed out at a relatively short range idoors, the focus seems to miss the mark.

When he watches the LCD, the image gets sharp and then the focus continues just beyond.

This is not evident at shorter focal lengths.

Has anyone else noticed this?

-------------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:58 AM   #16

Follow up -

In better light, the focus seems to be fine.

---------------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 6:53 PM   #17

I have had a Optio 60 now for over a year and am very happy with it except I wish the battery consumption was better. Don't even consider alkaline AA batteries! You will be buying new ones daily. Get a set of 4 of the NiMH 2500 aH rechargeable batteries with a charger. Two of the batteries will last all day so you can recharge them at night or the next day while you use the other two that were just charged.

BTW, I am looking for someone that can tell me how to turn on/off the date/time stamp in the camera. I don't want the date/time stamp to always appear on my digital photos when archieved or printed and I can't figure out from the minimal info in the manual how or whether you can turn this feature on/off. Any advice or referrals would be appreciated.
jellis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:04 PM   #18

Look at this adress:

:arrow:http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/p...Manual_web.pdf

I found it shortly after getting my 60, as I was not satisfied with the manual that came with the camera.

The information you are looking for is on page 64. Hope it helps!

Mike61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:37 PM   #19

Thanks so much for giving me this info. You saved me some time! I had looked everywhere I could think of in the hard copy manual that came with the camera. I didn't think of looking for a soft copy manual that you linked me to. Thanks again!
jellis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:37 AM   #20

To Flyingtigerson,

You must have bought your Pentax from the dealers. Our experience was less pleasant. My husband bought an Pentax Optio 60 in December last year from Factorydirect for $239.99. In late February after our trip to South America, the lens won't protrude upon power on, "Lens Error" came up on screen and the camera automatically turns off. We were just passed the Factorydirect 90 days warranty, so we were out of luck. I was excited when I got the Canada service centre phone number from the website you mentioned, unfortunately, the staff said Pentax doesn't warrant cameras sold at Factorydirect, TigerDirect or similar stores, because they just don't know where the stores got the cameras from,(they are not from Pentax store itself), they might even be reconditioned/refurbished.

Well, they can still repair it but we have to pay the regular repair cost which doesn't worth it with the digital cam price going down all the time. So if anyone out there is thinking of buying a digital camera, for your peace of mind, please think twice before you buy it from Factorydirect or non-dealers store with limited warranty just to save a mere $30 or so.
FlyingFree is offline   Reply With Quote