Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Dec 23, 2005, 8:09 PM   #1

I was wondering if anyone has had any first-hand experience with the (fairly new) Optio 60. The price seems to be right, it has a large sensor, a 2-inch LCD, and full manual controls. I thought it might be a nice camera to carry around all the time because of its small size. Does anyone have any comments about this camera? Thanks.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 8:35 PM   #2

Merry X'mas Everybody!

Sorry I have no idea. But seems Pentax keeps it very low-profile. Never any ads or press release for it in HK. Just saw one in a display window.

The appearance, plus the top dial w/ manual exposure controls, and just 2xAA batteries operated, are very attractive.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:08 AM   #3

I own one, Optio 60 is a great and easy to use camera. However, DONT buy Duracell Alkaline Ultra M3. Even though they are like the longest lasting, they only last like 30 minutes - 1 hour! Just get rechargable batteries.

- Shock260.
Shock260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:16 PM   #4

I'm not undertanding what you are saying about the dial.

-------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:41 AM   #5

Sorry, looks like its just mine that the Dial isn't flat. On the right its a bit higher than on the left. What I have noticed with pentax is that they include lots of factory problems with the Optio 60. But I do recommend it for people.

- Shock260
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:27 PM   #6

I have one that i got for christmas. It will take a little playing around with but its a good pocket camera. I also have been tring the energizer lithium batteries until i get my rechargeables. They have been working very well and do last for a long time so far.
Mike
broken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:08 PM   #7

Lens Error= uh oh!

HI everyone, I bought mine at ($156 BuyERetail.com) Nov 22 2005 and have gently used itfor about 4 weeks now. Just today it started giving the 'lens error' while powering on. It will immediatly shut off. Replaced batterys, removed SD card, I even tried the Canon trick with this error and gently pressed teh lens while turning it on, but nothin doin...still get the 'lens error' message and immediatly shuts down.

:sad::sad::sad:

flyingtigerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:36 AM   #8

Please keep us advised as to your progress in resolving this problem.

(I've given an Optio 60 as a Christmas gift. I hope I haven't given the recipient a continuing problem.)

----------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:20 PM   #9

My camera is on its way to Pentax Repair in Golden Colorado.

But the Coors beer plant is also in Golden Colorado. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that no technician steps out for a liquid lunch during my repair :G
flyingtigerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:45 PM   #10

I had an lens error, but thats because while the lens was closing I took out the batteries to change it and it got stuck. I put it on then lens error. So I turnt it off so the lens would fully close then I opened it and it worked .

If anyone wants to see the quality of the pictures that a pentax optio 60 takes go to: http://osp.fotopic.net/ , sorry about the spam if thats what you call it, but its just a link so you know about the quality of the Optio 60, I must say very good.

LET DOWNS:
It blurs very easily. My hands shake slightly, and it blurs like youre riding a horse.

- Shock260