Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Dec 31, 2005, 3:20 AM   #1

I edited a few pictures I have taken and was wondering if there was a way to put them back onto the camera and be able to view it. I have tried a few times but nothing has work.

Thanks,

Tyler
gr0cks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:19 AM   #2

Whatever editing you do cannot strip the EXIF information. You cannot change the file name to one that is not a camera type filename – usually capitol letters followed by numbers. "Bubba" won't fly. Put them back in the same folder you normally take them from.

My three current cameras all work that way and they are different brands. They will also take photos from each other and other cameras. I didn't actually try it with my S4 before getting rid of it, but most digitals work the same for putting photos back.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 1:29 PM   #3

Hey thanks for the reply, but I thats what I have been trying. I named the pictures the same as what they were: IMPGxxxx.JPG (with x being a number, of course) and I put it in the same folder as all the other pictures. However when I try to view the picture I get the following error: "Camera cannot paly this image and sound"
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:40 AM   #4

And somebody said, don't save as "Progressive Scan" jpeg compression in your editor.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:53 AM   #5

Yup, I tried that too. It won't work with any of the different settings I try. Is there anyone with an S5z who has done this or is it just not possible?