Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Feb 12, 2006, 2:53 AM   #1

HI everyone, i have been looking everywhere on the internet but no luck for the firmware to solve the A90 error message. Could some please send me a link where i can download the firmware of Pentax Optio S4. Thank you
kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:06 PM   #2

Hi Just joined today to try to find same -firmware for S4 - that for S4i doesn't work.

Assume you have dreaded A90 error message?

Have sent message to Pentax tech help but don't hold out much hope.
fuzzyfurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:20 PM   #3

yeah i contacted pentax service centre and they want nearly AUS$ 300 to reapir it. You can buy a new digital camera for that price.
kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:34 AM   #4

You're right. Pentax say there is no firmware update for the S4, so I have to send it to them for a repair estimate. I told them it was highly suspicious that so many are getting the error message A90 ( a general hardware failure according to them) after about 2 years of ownership. They said to raise this when asking for the repair estimate, so we'll see.

I'm particularly annoyed because I recommended the S4 to 3 relatives and they bought them, so if they all fail the same way I shall feel pretty bad.

Will let you know the results.
fuzzyfurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:31 PM   #5

I have the same problem and have also recommended the camera! I would like to fix mine. I have downloaded the fwdc110p firmware, put it in the root directory, done the Secret Menu initialization and still no luck. My camera does not ask for update. It just reads Vers. 1.00 and after a few seconds "A90" again. It is so frustrating and I believe it is a built-in failure as many people seem to have this problem upon expiration of the warranty. If anyone can help walk me through the steps of fixing this for those of us with Vers. 1.00 rather than Vers. 1.01, I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
pfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:03 PM   #6

hey guys, mine also A90 after approx 2 years. if someone has access to the original firmware file could they please post it, i'd like to make it available for everyone, i know someone on this list has tried and it didnt work. but i am determined to solve this issue, and post the solution here. so any help woul be appreciated, if u have the firmware file perhaps called "fwdc110p" please post it somewhere or mail it to me: gus(at)wellwornworkshops.com thanks guys
gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:14 PM   #7

ok guys found the firmware and downloaded it from a link on the other thread, go there n check it out, has also instructions. iwill try it out tommorow and post my results here.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=24&page=5
gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:55 PM   #8

hi,who can contact the CS of the Pentax,I think they must give us the firmware to solve our problem.
atomyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 3:48 PM   #9

Still hoping to hear that someone has figured out to resolve the Optio S4 issue of lens stuck in OUT position and turning on doesn't do anything as it shuts right off. Also have put in new, recharged battery (cost $50!). This camera is only 2 years old and I like the convenience of small size and photos good quality for friend/family shots.
I did manage to follow directions to get to hidden menu, but then didn't know what to choose. Can anyone make a suggestion on this. PLEASE (and of course I am leaving for Jazzfest in NO on 4/28 and wanted to use this camera on the trip!) HELP!!!! and thanks!
NolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:36 AM   #10

NolaGal:

we can do nothing for our dead S4,because we do not have the firmfare for S4.
atomyou is offline   Reply With Quote