Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:10 AM   #1

Default Optio S

So I bit and bought an Optio S yesterday. However, the well-known camera store where I bought it could not produce a spare battery or the AC adapter and even the Pentax website does not list these things as available. You can be assured that the models of these items are not the same as required by the other cameras in this line. Any suggestions besides a nasty note to Pentax? Thanks.
ssesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2003, 9:57 AM   #2

Most of my accessories I find at Ritz Camera. They have the batter, adaptor and so on.....

Good luck
Cam Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 10:58 PM   #3

thanks. I found the battery at J&R.

BTW - A plastic travel soap dish and a piece of bubble wrap make an adequate case for the camera that allows the strap to come through or be stowed inside - the altoids tin just doesn't have enough room for padding beyond some moleskin and the strap didn't fit at all. However, the tin makes a fine carrier for the extra battery and SD cards.

Next problem - the lens cover does not close when I turn off the camera.

This is my first digital camera. The first couple hundred shots are pretty amazing. However, they may be the last if I cannot get the lens cover fixed.
ssesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 3:27 PM   #4
Boz

I bought one, too. It is a very impressive camera.

Some things for the wish list include 400 ISO sensitivity and better flash range.

They also say that the lense is equivalent to a 35mm, but it seems wider than that to me, possibly closer to 28mm. In my usage, this is a plus!
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 9:04 PM   #5

I just purchased an Optio 550. Anyone tried it out yet?
Dave Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2003, 12:35 AM   #6

I just purchased the S and was shocked to find out that the store that I bought it from (Wolf Camera/Ritz) didn't have extra batteries, nor the power adapter! How frustrating! Well, I've found the battery on ebay for only $22...which is super cheap....and a Scan disk SD 256MB for about $58. Good luck!
farley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2003, 1:14 PM   #7
Boz

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley123
I just purchased the S and was shocked to find out that the store that I bought it from (Wolf Camera/Ritz) didn't have extra batteries, nor the power adapter! How frustrating! Well, I've found the battery on ebay for only $22...which is super cheap....and a Scan disk SD 256MB for about $58. Good luck!
What is the mAh rating on the $22 battery? What is it on the Pentax DL18 that came with the camera? I also saw a $22 aftermarket battery, but the mAh were a lot less than the Pentax DL18. Also, please let us know where you found the $22 battery. Thanks!
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 3:25 PM   #8

Default to ssesq & farley123

I went thru the same thing you did trying to find the AC adapter, listed in the user guide as "D-AC8" After much searching, I located a mail order guy who had the AC adapter & I ordered it via mail from him. It has not come in yet; I'll let you know if it does in fact come in & if it's the right one. If you don't hear from me by mid-next week, pls. e-mail me at [email protected]; I'll have the order info in front of me. Hope this helps!!
tdweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 3:26 PM   #9

Default to ssesq & farley123

I went thru the same thing you did trying to find the AC adapter, listed in the user guide as "D-AC8" After much searching, I located a mail order guy who had the AC adapter & I ordered it via mail from him. It has not come in yet; I'll let you know if it does in fact come in & if it's the right one. If you don't hear from me by mid-next week, pls. e-mail me at t[email protected]; I'll have the order info in front of me. Hope this helps!!
tdweis is offline   Reply With Quote