Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:25 PM   #1

I bought this camera 6 months ago from a respectable dealer, and i have the extended warranty. for some reason now when i turn it on, it will start up like normal but turn off immediately before the lcd displays anything other than the startup screen. it will allow me to use the voice recorder function, and navigate the menu if i start it up in the voice recorder mode. but once i switch it over to either picture mode or viewer mode it shuts off. is there some way to reset this thing, or should i just take my chances and send it back? any help would be greatly appreciated
diptoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:26 AM   #2

I am from Brazil and i have this same problem with my Pentax Optio MX4. What is the solution?
ricardopqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:28 PM   #3

i ended up sending it back anyway. the guy said that it was a problem with the lens and it needed to be replaced.
diptoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:28 PM   #4

Bummer!! That means I've got to send mine back and it will probably take a month of summer before I get it back unless I pay extra to speed it up a little. Ugggh. Thanks for posting anyway though. My warranty has run out and I'm wondering how much this is going to cost me! Ugh I've had my cam over a year now. I love it and really need it right now for a project. :sad:
maggiemai is offline   Reply With Quote