Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:24 PM   #11

There is just no win-win situation here, is there? :-) Seems it is always that way whenever looking for a new camera too, never just one model that solves everybody's situation. I agree about the zoom. That's why I opted for the 555 at the time because I didn't want the 3x's anymore. Well, have to think about this one. Thanks again.
dcwebman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:31 AM   #12

I forgot that I was going to a Kenny Rogers concert this past weekend. Luckily I brought along the Pentax because they let us take photos for the first 2 shows. I tried the various tips that were given here and I was amazed when I got home that some of them came out okay. We were about 100 feet from the stage so I had to use the 5X zoom. That means it came out to f4.6 with the ISO 400. This at least gave me confidence that when I go to Vegas that I should be able to bring home some good shots since I will be closer, not have to zoom as much,and have both cameras to use.Here are some cropped potos I took.I didn'tget a chance to try the noise plugins on them so they probably would have looked better.

Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:44 PM   #13
Administrator

I'm glad it worked out for you. It looks like you had pretty good stage lighting since I don't see any motion blur in the samples you posted.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:08 PM   #14

The motion blur ones are the ones I deleted. :-)But I would have to guess that I probably had maybe half that were like these. The real trick seemed to be continuous shooting. Multisegment metering also seemed to provide higher lighting than the spot focusing too. Anyway, it was a good chance to experiment and try the tips provided. Thanks again!