Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old Apr 16, 2006, 8:55 PM   #1

So, I'm thinking of buying a W10 but was wondering which brand and size of SD card would be the best. I've done a lot of research and have decided that this is the camera for me.
balistical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:38 AM   #2

Well, I have two Sandisk Ultra II's for my W10 and they seem to do just fine. Never had a problem and speed is just about right. If you decide to have more memory + use it more, ie. video output, you might have to consider buying a higher speed card.

I brought mine at Cosco for around $59. BUT, you can even find ones with the same memory - but from different companies - formuch less; you even could find those with twice the capacity + the same price.

Newegg would be one place I would check out. remember, that the more capacity in a memory card the more unstable ot becomes.

Good Luck, now only if someone would say something on my topic about the W10...

David
Fish Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:41 PM   #3

Accordiing to a call I made to Pentax twice, the camera has not been factory tested with SD cards over 1G (not uncommon as technology advances so quickly),Ultra SD (high speed) cards are actually NOT recommended by Pentax as of 6/12/06, and at the least offer no advantages. A future firmware change will address the Ultra SD issue and perhaps increase the writing speed with HS SD's. :?
MACV_SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:52 AM   #4

I'm using a 2gb 66x speed card in my W10, and it seems OK. Its just a 'no name' one, so no special brand, I picked up from www.mymemory.co.uk
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:14 AM   #5

I just purchased an ATP 150X ProMax 1GB card. It cost $55 at Buy.com. Look at the review here http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...=281&num=1 to get an idea of its capabilities. I like the fact that you can freeze it, drop it in water, throw it against a wall, and it will not break. It also seems to have a very fast write speed. Whether or not it works any faster in the Pentax, it seems to be about the fastest card out there and will certainly work in other equipment.

--Eliot
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:59 AM   #6

I've got an Optio 43WR and it seems to take better videos in the highest quality mode (30 fps) when I use my Extreme III card made by Sandisk.

just my 2 cents
moh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:52 PM   #7

I am using a LEXAR Platinum II X60 2GB without any problems.
Gil1 is offline   Reply With Quote