Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Pentax

Old May 23, 2003, 4:22 PM   #1
RPS

Default Pentax Optio 33L

I am thinking about purchasing this camera but I can't find any area dealers that stock it, if anyone is using this model please let me know how you like it before I order it sight unseen.
RPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2003, 11:33 AM   #2
Administrator

Why not check out our Optio 33L review and sample pics:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_.../optio33l.html

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 9:48 PM   #3
RPS

Thanks Steve, I checked your review and it was very helpful. I just wanted to check out the movable LCD to see if it is well constructed but no dealers in my area carry the camera
RPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2003, 6:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS
Thanks Steve, I checked your review and it was very helpful. I just wanted to check out the movable LCD to see if it is well constructed but no dealers in my area carry the camera
I think it is very well constructed. I have no complaint after certain weeks of use It's really nice and every one looks at you when taking photos out of unusual perspectives...

Regards
Christian
Lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2003, 10:27 AM   #5

Hi Lammy, Steve,

I was wondering if I could get your feedback with regards to the A70, in particular the pre-focus time.

The two cases would be a well lit scene and a dimly lit scene with good contrasting subjects. How do you find the time it takes for the 33L to focus (half -press the shutter) vs the A70.

I'm finding the 33L on par with an Oly 2000Z, but since I got the camera for a friend, he does say it is a little slow. I wasn't sure whether to get the 33L or A70 for him, but the price and simplicity of the 33L won out.

Thanks
Leighton
Leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2003, 10:28 AM   #6

Default How about in comparison to the Canon A70

Hi Lammy, Steve,

I was wondering if I could get your feedback with regards to the A70, in particular the pre-focus time.

The two cases would be a well lit scene and a dimly lit scene with good contrasting subjects. How do you find the time it takes for the 33L to focus (half -press the shutter) vs the A70.

I'm finding the 33L on par with an Oly 2000Z, but since I got the camera for a friend, he does say it is a little slow. I wasn't sure whether to get the 33L or A70 for him, but the price and simplicity of the 33L won out.

Thanks
Leighton
Old Jun 9, 2003, 10:30 AM   #7

Default Sorry for the double post

Sorry for the double post... got an error indicating it couldn't find the reply form template when I did the first one.