Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   People Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/people-photos-12/)
-   -   My Gf @ Cockle Bay in NZ (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/people-photos/103230-my-gf-cockle-bay-nz.html)

kenmck15 Oct 8, 2006 4:53 AM

we managed to squeeze in some more shots today. I think i learnt a lot today about the cam.

ken

wadue Oct 8, 2006 7:15 AM

Triple play, Ken ....beautiful shots, beautiful landscape & beautiful lady! Very nice job!

Ron

limeyg Oct 8, 2006 8:06 AM

Nice series of shots Ken, looks like you are getting used to your new camera.
Geoff

24Peter Oct 8, 2006 10:46 AM

KMac! Nice stuff. Were you using a flash in #2? Did you get any shots later in the day with the sun going down? It creates a nice warm light for your g.f., ehh, model. :-)

kenmck15 Oct 8, 2006 1:48 PM

wadue wrote:
Quote:

Triple play, Ken ....beautiful shots, beautiful landscape & beautiful lady! Very nice job!

Ron

thansk ron

ken

kenmck15 Oct 8, 2006 1:49 PM

limeyg wrote:
Quote:

Nice series of shots Ken, looks like you are getting used to your new camera.
Geoff

thanks geoff, yea i think im finally startin to make some progress

cheers for the comnts

ken

kenmck15 Oct 8, 2006 1:52 PM

24Peter wrote:
Quote:

KMac! Nice stuff. Were you using a flash in #2? Did you get any shots later in the day with the sun going down? It creates a nice warm light for your g.f., ehh, model. :-)

Hey mate

thansk. Yea i did use the flash in #2. Thnks for al your help in my last series where i was having serious issues with metering, i think i hav eit ok now.

Unfortunately no i don t have any shots from later in the night as we were only stopping by. SOrt of spur of the moment sorta thing.

We are going to try some evening shots their hopefully this thrusday, thats if the lovely nz weather will staty nice for more than 5 mns

thanks again, and your latest series is great mate

ken

ZAKD Oct 8, 2006 2:16 PM

Hi Ken,

Well you start to rock.......:cool:photos....

Natural light is very usefull for great photos and you did it .....

#2, #3, and #4 are very very good... specialy 2 and 3 with great depth and good choice of ambient...love it.....

good cooperation with the model:G

great work.... it is not only the new camera... you managed to expose very well and that is very importatnt

Love to see more

kenmck15 Oct 8, 2006 2:36 PM

ZAKD wrote:
Quote:

Hi Ken,

Well you start to rock.......:cool:photos....

Natural light is very usefull for great photos and you did it .....

#2, #3, and #4 are very very good... specialy 2 and 3 with great depth and good choice of ambient...love it.....

good cooperation with the model:G

great work.... it is not only the new camera... you managed to expose very well and that is very importatnt
Love to see more

Thanks for the feedback ZAK

I am very impressed with what you do with th 350 so it is really giving me something to strive for.

Thanks for the comments. Yea, i had to keep waiting for the sun to go behind the clouds before i could take each shot. My std flash couldnt sync otherwise. Maybe i should invest in one. Ohh well one thing at a time i think

Yea i quite liked the location, i hadnt been to this beach for about 10 years and my gf suggested it.

thanks for the feedback adn your latest series is looking great

many thnks

ken

NivlacNZ Oct 8, 2006 3:07 PM

Great to see some terrific photos from a fellow Kiwi (and 350d user too).
I especially love #3. Keep up the great work.

Calvin