Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:13 PM   #11

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:15 PM   #12

Attached Images

Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:23 AM   #13

Hi Bahadir!

Interesting to see you post some of your first "posed modelling shots"! Thanks and well done. They are an interesting study (to view) in terms of your technique, and lighting situations, etc.

I do find photos 1, 2 and 4 the angle is "too low" (imho) but it does present an interesting theme... also highlighting aspects of her and her body position, etc. There is (*according to me*) defintely too much bright spots in some of the photos backgrounds (blown out sky / outdoor parts through windows, etc) which makes it harder to meter for and can distract the attention (high contrast area/s).

I think you've done well, also considering the worthwhile reasons / excuses you made us aware of :blah:

Seriously, this type of photography isn't easy! I like the b&w edit you've done, I think that's a lot better. Ken's edit is really wonderful (as per usual!!)

Thanks Bahadir, for being "bahadir the brave" and helping us all to learn in the process too. Cheers, my friend!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:02 AM   #14

Hi Paul! This petit sesionhasproved tobe reallyuseful for me. So far I have beenusually avoiding the use of flash for the fear that it would cause the image looksomewhat flat andartificial. Ah, except forsome lucky ones, I remember the whiteout faces in my photos!! Experimenting since yesterday evening I found out that it is sth like using a catapult!One shoudpredict the effect of the flash on the subject in terms of output power (which can be set on the camera) and range. According to my experience,1/3 of flash output is good for items within a range of 1/2 to2.5 meters(about 1.5-7 feet). Stillittends towash out things withina range of 30 cm or one foot!This is whatI tested onsome baby dolls and now ready to try on a real baby:G Btw, thanks for calling me "bahadir the brave" for most ofitwill berequired when asking someone to poseexclusively :lol:
Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:02 PM   #15

bahadir,,, i am a malaka for not coming to the peoples photos, send her to the mighty Herc fora 350D shoot lol,,, ok i really like 1, 3, 4, and 5, the 6th picture i think you changed the WB it would of been nicer in auto, but for a first time doing a model shoot, sou vgazw to kapelo. Altough the S70 takes nice pictures i'd still recommend a dslr for this.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 8:41 PM   #16

I hear the term Fill Flash. What is fill flash? Is it flash set at lower power? I just bought a diffuser do I have to bump up the flash power to use it?
RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:14 AM   #17

Hi, mighty Hercules! I knew you'd discover this sooner or later Ah, sorry but she's too busy to fly over the Aegean. I think you should pack up your pretty camera and come! It seems you liked all except#2. Ohit seems I bothered with the edited versionat vain:sad:The camera's WB was at auto but it was the setting sun effect on the subject for the last shot which caused a misfitting #6! Things looked niceon the small LCD screen of the camera. This isa reasonI am considering the large LCD on the 400D to be an additional advantage that counts.MeanwhileI'd adviseyouto keepan eye on the People Photos section

Xerete!

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:47 AM   #18

RP33 wrote:
Quote:
I hear the term Fill Flash. What is fill flash? Is it flash set at lower power? I just bought a diffuser do I have to bump up the flash power to use it?
Thanks for your kind interest Rp. Well, not necessarily at lower power but any use of flash when it is not compulsory, I mean,like daytime just to reduce the shades on the subject due to harsh lighting condition could be regarded fill flash I believe. I did not buy a flash diffuser but simply attach a piece of folded white paper on the flash which works well:-)according to my experience the flash power is related with the distance of the subject which means it may require some adjustment!