Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:30 PM   #21

ZAKD wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Ken..... finally some images ... I start thinking you were leting your NEW camera to a sleep a little.... that would be a shame....

My opinion is No.1...it is really a killer...... photo I mean not her ofcourse....:blah:

Good dof, great clean image.... and......what was I traying to say ...hm ah yes... beautiful lady...:G

Also I would say that No.5 is a story photo. Like she was taking a little rest in the nice warm summer day, thinking about something what relax her and looking very casual with elegance over it.

Considering the last photo I would try to make a artistic look by croping it just on her waist-shape to below and have a misterious summer ambient with very quiet and lonely feeling of the photo. You know, kind of when you like to be alone and injoy beeing alone.

Thanks for sharing....

PS.... Does winter come in any time during the year or you are having constant summer.... would like to move there....

Rgds Zak

Hi Zak

Thanks for the comments mate. Yea i have been slack lately but i will try to post more now that i am on holiday.

Umm yea winter here in NZ is pretty much more rainy than cold. We get down to about 10degress in winter but lots of rain all the time. Even now during our summer it rains a fair bit. i think bcse we are a smallish island rain is just part of who we are.

but yea, if you havent beeen to NZ before you should come down.

cheers

Ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:30 PM   #22

nacho32 wrote:
Quote:
very impressive, nice shots, nice model-girlfriend
thank you

ken
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:31 PM   #23

flint350 wrote:
Quote:
Agree with all. Very nice. No. 1 is the real keeper - along with the lovely young lady, of course!

Ray
thanks ray

cheers

ken
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:46 AM   #24

Hi Ken,

I'm not getting my internet / Steve's forum time these days as I'm about to move back to Australia from here Romania.

But it's good I've got a few seconds now to say I really like your series of photos here. For some reason yes, #1 is the best imho also. I dunno, somehow the ones with your gf's arm across her front/ the dress, etc don't seem as balanced as those without. The last one gives a sort of "Roman robe" idea the way her dress is, kinda cool.

You've done well. Were you using the kit lens for all these shots? And about fill flash, on all of them?

Also checked out your drag racing link, some cool shots there.

See you online later, most likely when I'll be only about 2000 to 3000km from you, as opposed to 18,000!

Cheers and again thanks for sharing and regards to your beautiful girlfriend.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:37 AM   #25

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken,

I'm not getting my internet / Steve's forum time these days as I'm about to move back to Australia from here Romania.

But it's good I've got a few seconds now to say I really like your series of photos here. For some reason yes, #1 is the best imho also. I dunno, somehow the ones with your gf's arm across her front/ the dress, etc don't seem as balanced as those without. The last one gives a sort of "Roman robe" idea the way her dress is, kinda cool.

You've done well. Were you using the kit lens for all these shots? And about fill flash, on all of them?

Also checked out your drag racing link, some cool shots there.

See you online later, most likely when I'll be only about 2000 to 3000km from you, as opposed to 18,000!

Cheers and again thanks for sharing and regards to your beautiful girlfriend.

Paul
Hi Paul

good to hear from you again buddy.

The reason she is holding her arm across is because i bought her a watch for christmas and she wanted a shot to remember it by.

There is prob a million and 1 ways to shoot this better but oww well thats what cme out in the wash

yes, australia is very nice, not talking from experience though, neveer been there even though its just across the ditch from me. Even thoguh its so close to NZ it is so much different.

Im sure you will love it there

all the best and hope to see more shots from you soon

cheers
Ken
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:39 AM   #26

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
The last one gives a sort of "Roman robe" idea the way her dress is, kinda cool.
I'd evensay, in #1 especially, she has the expression of a Roman lady fromsome painting by the renowned 19th century classicistpainter Sir Lawrance Alma Tadema!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:44 PM   #27

What lens did you use. very nice shots.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:26 AM   #28

Imacer wrote:
Quote:
What lens did you use. very nice shots.
thanks mate

i used the std kit lens that comes with the 350d. 18-55mm f3.5-5

thanks

ken