Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:20 PM   #1

When I take pictures of wildlife, events, landscapes and stuff like that, I like the results to be tack-sharp. I like to see the finestdetails of fur, feathers, leaves, or whatever. But people shots are different, especially portraits. Somehow they never come out sharp in my memories and I try to recreate what I experiencedback during the session. In my old darkrooms working with film, I never seemed to quite get it right but it was fun trying. Digital is another matter. There are so many tools and so much that can be done to the photograph, that I can almost get to where I want to go. I can almost match what my memories and mind's eye sees. Does that explain it well enough? Probly not. Here's a sample of what I worked toward today...

And I love my memories...Grix

http://grix3378.fotopic.net
grix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:02 AM   #2

this has a very 70s look to it. i like it very much

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:38 AM   #3

What an eye, Ken! The original picture was taken in 1972 using an Oly OM-1 and ASA400 film, available light. Printed on some non-glossy paper, 4X6 inches. Picture digitized by using a Nikon 5700 shooting it in a rather dark room. Added a bit of color to the subject. Then displaying it on an LCD monitor, which added the blue-ish tinting and shot it again with the 5700. Cleaned and touched it using Adobe Elements. Yah, a long way around just to get a blurry blue tinged picture but it is winter and I got time on my hands. Plus it is a labor of love. Thanx for yourinterest and keen eye...Grix

http://grix3378.fotopic.net
grix is offline   Reply With Quote