ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:42 AM   #13

I think Zak feel asleep with his finger on the "Enter" key... :O
24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:53 AM   #14

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 06:42 am

I think Zak feel asleep with his finger on the "Enter" key... :O

mmmm... ooooh... what time is it... oh my God.... it's another day.....:O

...:?:roll: well, I'm still a dial-up user.... what can I do.... max 56KB/sec but that will never happened...... maybe 20-30KB/sec will in time when no big trafic on the net.....

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:45 PM   #15

w0w wee....
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:25 PM   #16

Hi OS,
It is a great shot.But while I was reading through all the messages. I find one very preplexing point:-a)Studio owner has set the lighting for you(you are very honest about it)
b) Modeller was very helpful
So now the preplexing thing,Whom should be credited for this shot..??(Plz don't mind)B'coz I always had a same problem with "crash course",they give lecture for 1-2 days,on final day they call a modeller,light have been already predetermined place,they pass the firing cord to students one by one, No change in lights position if one may wish to.Final results Will be one and same.Everyone is happy.Go home and show it to everyone see I am "the photographer" where is the "creativity" ???
I feel It is much better If one develop their own style,like a signature tune.(though it is not easy)Then only one can claim the position "I AM THE PHOTOGRAPHER"
Well I am not criticizing you,But wish if you pounder over the matter sometime........
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:38 PM   #17

mcliu wrote:
Quote:
Hi OS,
It is a great shot.But while I was reading through all the messages. I find one very preplexing point:-a)Studio owner has set the lighting for you(you are very honest about it)
b) Modeller was very helpful
where is the "creativity" ???
good points - and here are the answers.
the workshop environmnent helps me learn and the light setup for all these shots was so absolutely simple it is not even funny. 1 large softbox and that's it.
not the Modeller but the models - the girls were very good and easy to work with.
It was up to me to set the model up, have her take the poses and give me the looks I was after. It was up to me to frame the shots, then edit/crop during post processing (very little PP though) to get the results you see. There was no one telling models what to do but me.

then , if you follow this link: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=5

you will see the second model I did the shoot with during the same workshop. the first 4 shots are all natural light. I chose to put a fill flash with Lumiquest bouncer on the camera. so basically - it was me and the model and the available light with the hotshoe flash.

if you ever do a shot like that you will know - it is all about how well you can communicate with the model, how well you cen build the trust and raport, how well you can connect with her ... otherwise you will get a stiff look in each shot.

I can tell you that for the first hour there were very few keeper shots done ... but as the day went on i built a good rapport with the girls which helped immensly.

and I assure you - between the 4 photographers - we all got different results. it is all about where you point your camera, how you frame the shot and when you press the shutter.

you should try a photoshoot like that - you will understand

O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:09 AM   #18

Hi OS,
I followed the link and I am very much impressed with B/W photograph of Pamella (Model).Rest are good too.But B/W is the best among the lot.
And by the way, I do not wish to irritate you ( if I have done it unknowingly then I am very much sorry)
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:17 AM   #19

mcliu wrote:
Quote:
Hi OS,
I followed the link and I am very much impressed with B/W photograph of Pamella (Model).Rest are good too.But B/W is the best among the lot.
And by the way, I do not wish to irritate you ( if I have done it unknowingly then I am very much sorry)
no worries - I am quite secure and dont get offended easily.
Thanks for your comments. The B&W photo had some work done to it in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
I love how it came out myself....

O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:38 AM   #20

hi OS
Thanks,Your B/W photo was haunting my head & I was guessing , it might be Photoshoped.But bit apprehansive to ask for I have already done the enough damage in a day.Do not wish to go for "harakiri".
Well Whatever be it is Tell me frankly That is the one you must be proud of...... isn't it???