Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:52 PM   #1

HI all

here at the some full length shots from my first series for my fashion stle shoot. Hopefully be doing another new shot today. Going to try to be more adventurous today. We will see how time pans out

FOr these shotsi tried a whole new work flow to get this result. I found teh results really relied on a good range of tones. On my screen which i edited these on (my laptop) the black dress outline is distinctive to the backing. I hope this is how or simliar to the way it appears on your guys calibrated monitors.

thanks
Ken

Last edited by kenmck15; Aug 21, 2010 at 2:06 AM.
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:56 PM   #2

Hi Ken,

The lighting is great in these shots. I like 1, 3 and 4. In shot 2 it looks like Kirsty needed to lift her chin more. My eye was also drawn to the silver insert on her belt. I love her shoes!

Great work.

Angela
afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:22 PM   #3

afayec wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ken,

The lighting is great in these shots. I like 1, 3 and 4. In shot 2 it looks like Kirsty needed to lift her chin more. My eye was also drawn to the silver insert on her belt. I love her shoes!

Great work.

Angela
hi Angela

thanks for the comments. And yes, i see what you mean about the chin. Thanks, i will keep that in mind if we get into it today

cheers
Ken
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:36 PM   #4

You got some new tricks in the bag I see, But I gotta take # 4 in this series Ken, She looks great with her hair down and a greatclose up I might add, hey! Ken post a series with all close ups of her face and hair at all different angles, perhaps get a fan into the mix,I say this because see has velvet like skin and sweet eye's.

Cheers

Glen Lastiwka
GlenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:26 PM   #5

ken, number four is phenomenal. i don't know much about fashion photography so hesitate to comment on the others. but wow, i am just amazed at the perfect balance of shadows and illumniation on her face. could you describe the light location/setup?

really great work, you are on a roll here....
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:18 PM   #6

GlenL wrote:
Quote:
You got some new tricks in the bag I see, But I gotta take # 4 in this series Ken, She looks great with her hair down and a greatclose up I might add, hey! Ken post a series with all close ups of her face and hair at all different angles, perhaps get a fan into the mix,I say this because see has velvet like skin and sweet eye's.

Cheers

Glen Lastiwka
thanks Glen

I do actually have a few more close up face shots as this is actually my fav type of shot to take. I will post some once iget through them

cheers
Ken