Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:16 AM   #1

A couple of photos of a kid with her beautiful smile.
Attached Images

bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:22 AM   #2

The other photo.
Attached Images

Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:49 AM   #3

Lovely shots of a beautiful little girl. But I'd want to turn off that date stamp feature. You'd not want to have that on a nice 8x10 print.

Greg
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:39 PM   #4

gregm1948 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely shots of a beautiful little girl. But I'd want to turn off that date stamp feature. You'd not want to have that on a nice 8x10 print.

Greg
I echo greg's sentiments!! find out how to get rid of that date stamp, it really detracts from an otherwise nice set of shots.
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:35 PM   #5

You are both right. I'll have to get to the camera and turn it off.

Thanks for the observation.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 9:37 PM   #6

By the way, would anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the date stamp after the picture has been taken?

Is this something permanently stamped on the picture?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:40 AM   #7

Yep, it's there "forever". The only way to get rid of it is to use some post processing, like PhotoShop, to get rid of it. The clone tool would do OK in getting rid of it. Don't worry about the date and time stamp on a photo. There's information stored within your photo. It's called EFIX data, that tells me your photo was taken with a Kodak Z612 model camera, your shutter speed - 1/128, aperture - 3.6, as well as the date and time (2-11-07, at 9:55 am). So, you really don't need the date and time stamp ON the picture. To see the EFIX data from Windows XP, right click on a picture, select Properties, select the Summary tab at the top, and then select Advanced if the EFIX data isn't already present.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:25 AM   #8

When I right click on a posted photo and go into Properties, all I see is the dimensions and url info, not the EXIF data. I have XP Home. How can I get to view the EXIF?

Greg
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:51 AM   #9

Often times, you can't just right click on a photo that's posted on the web and get the details. If you right click, and save it locally to your computer, and THEN follow the steps outlined, you should get results. Also, not all photos have this EFIX data, but yours did. Hope this helps.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:58 AM   #10
Super Moderator

HughesInNC wrote:
Quote:
Often times, you can't just right click on a photo that's posted on the web and get the details. If you right click, and save it locally to your computer, and THEN follow the steps outlined, you should get results. Also, not all photos have this EFIX data, but yours did. Hope this helps.
The easiest way rather than going through this is to download Opanda iExif which is FOC from their website which allows you to right click an image on the PC or the web and get the full exif data. This is very useful not just for here but anywhere you are looking at a photo online as you can see settings etc. Obviously if the exif has been removed you will get nothing but lots here will have them included.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote