The rest can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnyeros/

=)
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:48 PM   #2

Third one is a fav.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 2:25 AM   #3

You have a very beautiful model.Could have done better than this.
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:13 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Johnyeros I agree that 3 is my fave out of these but would also say that you have much stronger shots on your site rather than the 3 chosen here.

I would be interested to hear the advice of Mcliu as they were not overly helpful to you by saying you could have done better but here are a couple of my thoughts.

With the wide indoors shots I would go for a shot where your model is not so centred as this is really not helping. In the first one the guy would work if he was not so far out to the right so basically frame everything more to the right with this one.

With the last oneit has an interesting magazine feel by cropping part of the limbs and head which is something I would not normally suggest but here it has worked out quite well and the exposure in that one is fantastic!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:29 AM   #5

shot 3 is excellent. i love the lighint and feel to this shot

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:48 AM   #6

Yes I would like to know from Mcliu as what could be improve =).. The guy is actually me in the picture.. Basically where I shoot is a spare room that I do not decorate and have it all white, the light source is the window and I use the tripod.. prefocus and 10 second timer as I run toward the frame.. I think once I get my remote control I'll have more control over the shoot..
I will work on my composition skills as I see this is my weakness.

Thanks guys

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
Johnyeros I agree that 3 is my fave out of these but would also say that you have much stronger shots on your site rather than the 3 chosen here.

I would be interested to hear the advice of Mcliu as they were not overly helpful to you by saying you could have done better but here are a couple of my thoughts.

With the wide indoors shots I would go for a shot where your model is not so centred as this is really not helping. In the first one the guy would work if he was not so far out to the right so basically frame everything more to the right with this one.

With the last oneit has an interesting magazine feel by cropping part of the limbs and head which is something I would not normally suggest but here it has worked out quite well and the exposure in that one is fantastic!
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:31 PM   #7

Johnyeros, these are great shots. LOVE the last one.

I think what mcliu wrote may have been a typo. it seems a bit out of character to just say something like that and not follow it up with some constructive criticism!
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:16 PM   #8

Actually, I like the first one best. (Even fromamong the rest of your shots on flickr.)

Is she shy, or being coy? Is she interested or wary? Is that the makings of a smile or a snear?

I think I caremore about "her" in the first one than I do in the others.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:35 AM   #9

Johnyeros , I am very sorry for my brief reply(B'coz my net speed is very slowwww and erractic)Again my reply woould be very brief.In #1 shot I would have concentrated on the suject i.e model.I find she has a very sharp feature and eyes are very expressive.So Agreed with TCav. And of course Mark1616 has written the rest.Sorry if I have offended you.It was not intended
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:16 PM   #10

Wow, #3 belongs up on your wall, or possibly in a stock photo library.

I agree with TCav and mcliu that the model's face invites closer scrutiny...
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote