Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:49 PM   #1

Adrien is a working model/actress in Los Angeles. See all her pics here: http://imageevent.com/24peter/adrienr

24Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:11 AM   #2

great series mate

one of your best i think

Shot 4 in particular is excellent.

nice one
Ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:45 PM   #3

Yeah thanks Ken, I like this set too. But they're looking a little washed out on monitor. I need to work on my post processing. (I guess I should breakdown and buy Photoshop.)

Look at some of this guy's shots.He gets such great looking pics from an XTi (400D). I know he post-processed them pretty heavily. But man they look so sharp and vibrant....

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=339092
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:56 PM   #4

24Peter wrote:
Quote:
Yeah thanks Ken, I like this set too. But they're looking a little washed out on monitor. I need to work on my post processing. (I guess I should breakdown and buy Photoshop.)

Look at some of this guy's shots.He gets such great looking pics from an XTi (400D). I know he post-processed them pretty heavily. But man they look so sharp and vibrant....

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=339092

Yea great shots on POTN and those in particular are excellent

on my monitor they look fine mate...

only picky thing would be 2 is a bit cold in the skin

I checked out the full gall. The idea with the bs stop looks great. which lens were you shooting with in this instance

ANd were u just using a fill in flash with a ........... or was there more to it

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:24 PM   #5

Well Peter it was about time to come with some Actress....

It is very good session....each photolooks great although if you dont mind from these 6 I would just put number 5 aside.

To my taste #1 and #6 are standing infront the others. Great exposure on #1.

Contrast on these photos on my monitor appears to be OK taking ino consideration that you are looking photos on a dark background looks good to me.

Number two was taken I supose in the shadow way from the sun and it is needed to be like this.... you could do a little PSD work on this one and bust a little saturation and contrast but carefully......

Thanks for sharring.... it was pleasure to see your new work....

PS. Dont tell me that you are not using photoshop at all. To me photoshop is my right hand.... ofcourse I try to use it as minimal as possible but few changes always can be done.....

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:24 PM   #6

Thanks again guys.

Ken - for the bus stop, those were my least favorite shots. The stop was in the shadows and sun behind the buildings behind the stop. I used my Canon 28-105 zoom for those (3.5-4.5 USM II). I had my 430EX on camera and was using for fill flash for most of the shots. But then I realized the inside wall of the bus stop was white so I got down low in front of it and turned the flash backwards to bounce it off the white background. It worked pretty well, but I was almost done with the location so I didn't do too many.

Zak - I'm using PhotoImpact 11 to edit my pics. For $50, it's a nice little program. But I don't seem to get the pop from adjusting sharpness and levels from PI that people get from PhotoShop.