Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:50 AM   #1

Hi,

I did my first (and possibly last!) wedding shoot this weekend. Was for my fiance's mum. I took loads of photos but these are my favourite ones...

DJ

DJ-Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:23 PM   #2

Nice series! Beautiful bride (& future bride, may I add, if that is your fiance in the 2nd shot). The b&w posts look a little grainy to me but that could be easily fixed with noise reduction. I really like the shoes shot ...talk about a different perspective with a cool twist with the sparkle!

Thanks for sharing! I'll be doing a wedding in a couple of weeks & I appreciate a different look to things!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 6:57 AM   #3

Hi,

Firstly congrats on attempting wedding photography always a hard task.

I like the composition of the photos, but feel the could be cropped more to enphisise the person/s. Also, the ladies love a little airbrushing/blurring to give a softer look.

Well done again.
twofruitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 4:13 PM   #4

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The other lady in the shot (bridesmaid) is my fiance's sister.

I added the noise to the shots. I was on iso 800 as there was poor light, however i actually really liked it so added a little more... thought they added something (cant quite place what it is)...

The sparkle was straight out of camera! I noticed it when i took it and was pleased then. I did a little airbrushing on the legs in the shoe shot... did it look natural?

A word of advice regarding weddings, people dont want to do what you want them to do! Crowd herding is the difficult bit. Some people just dont want their photo taken. I also didnt take enough of the bride + groom on their own. Good luck for future adventures...

DJ
DJ-Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote