Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:58 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Thanks Ron glad you liked them.

What kit are you shooting with? I take it you have 2 of everything just in case.

Let us know how it goes,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:53 PM   #12

hi mark,

those are great!! for me its because they are natural, not all the traditional fru fru stuff!!!! i love all of them but really think 8-9 are so cool!! i love natural shots!! great work my friend!! john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:36 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Thanks John, I like to shoot people as naturally as possible without looking too posed, well I'm still learning this but hope to improve every wedding.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:59 AM   #14

Good photos!

What lenses did you use?
Shakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:09 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Thanks, :-)

Shots 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 with with Canon 5D and Canon 24-105mm f4 IS L

Shots 2, 4 and 5 were Canon 30D and Canon 85mm f1.8

Shot 3 was Canon 30D and Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 HSM

If you want the full settings you can get them from the exif which is included with each shot. The easy way to get this is to download something like oPanda iExif which is a free product. Then you can just right click on the shot and get the full details (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length etc).
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:25 PM   #16

Love the pictures...did you try to recover pics from card going through my computer...I have this issue sometimes...thankfully I've been able to recover them...
photowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:39 PM   #17

Very nice shots Id be proud to own if I were the groom. As for the missing pic off the card, by coincidence I was reading about a program which will retrieve ANY photo file from any source under almost any circumstances. I will have to try to find it and let you know the name. It sounded pretty awesome. By the way I like the edits by Spy. Nice job.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:36 PM   #18
Administrator

I assume you guys were responding to my post about someone with a card problem.

The card I mentioned had a component problem (not just a file allocation table or image corruption issue), and I was able to recover some of the images from it, using the same technique I described on the second page of this thread. Unfortunately, it was too badly damaged to recover all of them. This particular card contained mostly formals, and they did a reshoot about a week later.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...=52&page=2

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:37 PM   #19

amazing photos

robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:57 PM   #20

JimC wrote:
Quote:
If so, you may want to have a second shooter whenever possible, just in case something bad like this happens. ;-)

Interesting thought.My personal experience as a wedding photographer was in the days film ('70s) and I never used a secondary photographer nor did I ever witness a secondary photographer. I had two of almost everything (2 C330s, Rollie E36RE w/2 batteries and a Vivitar 283 backup, two light meters, twelve rolls of film.) Probably a second photog is cheaper security now that we are relieved of film/processing costs.

Three of the last four weddings I witnessed had a secondary photog. The fourth wedding I ended up being the secondary photog for the reception (we were freinds of the groom's family.) It was held in an outdoor setting (a winery) in the late afternoon - night. I shot, among other things the features of the setting. I noticed the pro watching me as I identified and work out the composition for the setting and then he promptly moved the couple into the setting. I returned the favor and shot off of his poses.

Gave the photos to the groom's family, our friends, and was pleased with the feedback that the mother of the groom preferred my work. I guess she did as she promptly uploaded the images to a photo web site and sent the link to all her friends.

That said I think Jim's argument for a secondary photog is good.

Mark - I especially linked the two in which one of the couple is sharp in the foreground with the other out of focus in the background. The concept that they are individuals but always linked.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote