Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:46 AM   #1

There's a town called Seferihisar whose nameis said to drive from a Roman general: Tysaferin, where Ioften stop on my way to the seato buythe delicious ice creamor breadthey make : )

Seeinghim in front of a cafe, I just couldn't helpbut asking this mysteriousancient man for taking a photo of him, who reminded me a poem written bya late prime minister of ours Ecevit mentioning many anationslived on this land...

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2007, 2:28 AM   #2

Hi,

interestng image and man also. It is well done by exposure, but a bit more dramatic light would be even better for this image I think. Have you tried a BW conversion, ussuallu it suits for this kind of photos and with little more of the black(I mean the dark tones)colors bust.

Thanks for sharing....
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:12 PM   #3

What an interesting character--it must have been fun to talk with him. I hope you can give him a copy of the photo on your next trip to the sea. Not only the face and garb is interesting, but also the background. There is a wealth of information in the background through the window and in the reflections but the tonality of it makes it uncluttered and a valued part of the moment. Everything works well together.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:54 PM   #4

Zak, thank you for your wise advice:idea: I must confessI never thought of a B/W conversion for this picture..I triedsome setting Alex once provided me and liked the way it turned out to be : ) I'd highly appreciate any further suggestions or comments!
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:54 PM   #5

JDar wrote:
Quote:
What an interesting character--it must have been fun to talk with him. I hope you can give him a copy of the photo on your next trip to the sea. Not only the face and garb is interesting, but also the background. There is a wealth of information in the background through the window and in the reflections but the tonality of it makes it uncluttered and a valued part of the moment. Everything works well together.
Your ability of reading an image like a piece of text is worthy of admiration

You're right, I should really give him a copy while he's still alive! Don't think it would be difficult to find him: )

Oh,I have met a few'old wiseman of the village' so far...to feelamazed bythe naive wisdom they reveal! One can onlyfully appreciate thefact in their words some years later:-)
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:35 PM   #6

I like the photo bahadir, ZAKD piqued my curiosity and I had to give a try to a bw conversion... here's my take on it hope you don't mind

Attached Images

Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:46 AM   #7

Just before leaving with my family for a 1 week vacation, i just saw this picture i hardly come in the peoples photos, very nice shot of this ancient likeperson i see it is good you asked him for a picture, and do give him oneif you see him again, Oh i'm sure he will be alive for many years to come my friend
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:32 AM   #8

Gerafix wrote:
Quote:
I like the photo bahadir, ZAKD piqued my curiosity and I had to give a try to a bw conversion... here's my take on it hope you don't mind
That's beena strong take to go well with the subject matter! I'm quitefamiliar withthe incentive of playing around a curious image : ) Therefore, I could only feel thankful for your kind interest anf effort.

Bahadır

.................................................. ....................................

Hercules wrote:
Quote:
Just before leaving with my family for a 1 week vacation, i just saw this picture i hardly come in the peoples photos, very nice shot of this ancient likeperson i see it is good you asked him for a picture, and do give him oneif you see him again, Oh i'm sure he will be alive for many years to come my friend
Thank you for your appreciation arkadaş! Whether or not he's aware... I guess he retains the common elements we share: )

Btw, you're right aboutthe longevity he may enjoy, the miraculous genuine olive oil could provide ; )
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:20 PM   #9

If you are going black and white, how about a dark sepia? Here is my take. I like the detailed texture of his sweater as well as his beard.
Attached Images

Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:44 AM   #10

The sepia version does so well for this now famous man. Bahadir, you'll need to take not only your camera but the whole computer thread to show him.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote