Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:11 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Thanks, yes they were very happy.

I've checked out your other shots but not yet posted anything there. What kit do you shoot with btw for the wedding and portrait as well as the sports stuff.

You should get posting sportsshots in the sports and action section.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:05 AM   #12

I am not sure about your question. If you are referring to the lens kit. I have a Canon 50 1.8 that I used for the senior pictures, for sports I use a Tamron 28-300mm.

I did have a 75-300mm Tamron that I had to replace this year. I took a line drive to my face on the third baseline while shooting my son at bat. Too bad I didn't get the shot :?. My lens literally saved my life. Good thing I was shooting the batter and not the third baseman. I would have got hit right on the side of my face. I am a little more careful now.
just4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:08 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Cool, wasn't sure which camera you had so now know it is Canon something and you have told me the lenses so that is cool.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Ouch the attack of a baseball does not sound fun. I get hit most weeks during the field hockey season but usually only in the leg.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:30 AM   #14

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT. I got it a year ago. Previously I only shot with point and shoot cameras. I took an intro class last yearto learn about the manual settings but I am still learning.
just4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with the XT at all so you should do well with it for a long time, as for the learning if you ever stop then you've missed something. One of my friends came in the final 3 for Pro Wedding Photog of the Year last year and she still tries to bring something new into each shoot and to learn from others in the business.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now that you've started posting here keep it up as it is a fantastic resource with some very knowledgeable people who are willing to help.