Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:22 AM   #1

Not a professional by any means but I of course felt bad for the bride and just couldn't say no. This is my second time doing wedding pictures. Any commemts are appreciated.
Attached Images

just4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:23 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:26 AM   #3

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:29 AM   #4

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:33 AM   #5

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:33 AM   #6

Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:02 AM   #7
Super Moderator

I would say that you have some good shots as a starting point and with a little more PP they will really be picked up. I don't think they need a lot, they seem a little soft but that is probably just needing to apply some unsharp mask and I would also say they are a bit flat so playing with curves/contrast/level (whichever you prefer) you can get some more contrast in them which I think will help.

The first shot works really well with the angel on it but I would straighten the second. The concept of 4 is good but I think we are missing too much of her face so I would have gone for the same idea but with her turned around.

6 is definitely my favorite with the slow shutter giving movement and the brides face.

B&W for weddingsis very popular as it has become the depiction of the reportage style but I would go for some morecolour in their shots as well as the B&W ones.

Just curious do you enjoy shooting weddings, as you now have done two was wondering your take on the whole thing.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:31 AM   #8

Thanks I really appreciate the input. This is my first time posting so I will take advantage of all the helpful hints. I do need some more PS training as I simply know the basics.

My take on weddings.....very stressful. I love seeing the end product but I think I would prefer being a secondary photographer who just gets to capture the event and not all the posed group shots.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:57 AM   #9
Super Moderator

LOL, it is stressful and I did my first a couple of weeks ago and you can check out the results here http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=5

I've shot as an assistant for a bit and yes you don't have the stress but I really enjoy the fast pace (I usually shoot sports) and just being there to capture the emotion and experiences of the day.

Being and assistant/2nd photog is also good fun but for me I don't feel I'm involved enough but it is a fantastic way to learn new skills and techniques.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:08 AM   #10

I like your pictures. You have some really nice shots. They must have been happy with your pictures.

I, like you, normally shoot sports. I enjoy shooting sports because there is no pressure. The wedding was stressful since it is a one shot deal.

I also tried my daughters senior pictures. You can view them in the family photos section. We had alot of fun.