Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:02 PM   #1
Super Moderator

This is the sister of the Paige boy, and equally cute!!

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:31 AM   #2

These are BOTH great photos Mark,

I prefer the 1st version because it seems to be a more natural setting (her concentrating 100% on the choc cake!) as well her lovely little dress isn't cropped, which is good in my opinion.

The only 2 things that I could think might be improved on the first photo are:
- having a slightly lower perspective (getting closer to the ground.. maybe kneeling or almost lying on the ground, but that might have distracted her.. and I think you've caught the moment just PERFECT!)

- get rid of the carpet, which is a bit too busy / contrasty... but hey, I wouldn't expect you to rip up the carpet at a wedding reception just to please ME! :blah:

Good work, mate!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:56 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanks Paul, all I can say is 'lazy' in that I was sitting on a chair talking to her mother (who is the sister of the groom) and Izzy was eating away so snapped a couple off. I'm terrible, I must put myself out a little more to get a better position.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:46 AM   #4

Oh, I don't think you're too lazy! If I remember you writing in the post about the "air diving" photos, you are a tall guy, so I guessed you had already come down a bit to Izzy's level! (well done for capturing this shot from a chair, talking to the groom's sister!)

I know photography in "people settings" can be actually quite an energetic exercise. Over the last 10 years I've taken tens of thousands of photos of children camps where I have been a leader, and positioning myselfs to get the best photos I think I was as active as the kids themselves.

The same for international charity / mission work teams (groups from schools, churches, etc visiting projects in developing countries)... I try to capture the atmosphere and present them with a CD of photos before they went home (so they could show their school / church group).

Regards

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:49 AM   #5
Super Moderator

That's cool.... and I do get lazy as the day goes on at a wedding or event as the poor legs want to give up. Probably should carry less kit LOL.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 5:38 PM   #6

I like the first one also...... Very candide...... Have you tried this one in black and white?
rhett7660 is offline   Reply With Quote