Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:52 AM   #11
Super Moderator

LOL, well I'm open to donations :-)

Actually this wasa freebie as it's only me 2nd wedding so need to build a portfolio before I'm happy to charge. The are getting a DVD with medium quality images for free (2600 x 1733) so they can print anything they want but it also looks like they are going to order some photobooks which will bring some pocket money in.

Also the value I get out of this in how much I learn is great. I have another wedding at the end of the month and then nothing until Feb, however the one in Feb will be paid (not a lot but all helps).

Thanks!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:32 PM   #12
spy

Nice job Mark! Shooting like that for free??!!?? I've seen big pricetags on wedding photography from "pros" that produce worse images! Many people in a variety of trades and jobs get paid and learn as they go. Your not giving yourself enough credit my friend.

Not sure what photograpers are charging for a single day of shooting, proofing and printing a wedding there, but where I live,ONE day doing the above for a wedding will land a pro photographer $4000. There is no reason for you to dismiss numbers like that shooting the way you do.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:55 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Thanks spy, in this situation and that of the next one I'm happy to do them like this as they are for friends, it helps them and it helps me, but once I'm happy with myself I'm going to be looking for the bigger 'gigs', just need the portfolio to get them in and this is part of it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Also just being out there is getting people looking at using me for their weddings so that's good. One woman has asked if she can book me for Aug 2009, I've said to leave it for 6 months while I sort out what is going on with my photography carer etc so I have a grasp of what I will want to charge at that point. She is happy with this as they don't have a date yet and are just getting ideas together.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:49 AM   #14

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
One woman has asked if she can book me for Aug 2009 ...
She's got a photographer picked out.

Did shegive any indication that she'sgotaparticular groom in mind? :-)

That's a long engagement. I think I'djust pencil that one in.

Either that or get a big deposit.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Super Moderator

That's exactly what we are doing, not making any commitment to her at this point.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:53 AM   #16

Some great shots and some fun ideas. Ideas seem to be the hardest part.

The church shot, are you considering fixing the perspective of the spire?

The reflection shot is very nice, is it big enough to crop and still print well, this would be great with just couple and reflection and less of the rest.

But over all EXCELLENT work.
creeduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:36 AM   #17
Administrator

Great Job Mark.

I just spent some time browsing through Your Online Album from this wedding and I'm sure the bride and groom (not to mention other family members, members of the wedding party and guests) are grateful for your hard work.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 4:14 PM   #18

really top notch, excellent photos. can't see how anyone would be disappointed with them. you did a great job!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 5:26 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Thank you, thank you and thank you (don't think I missed anyone LOL). 2 weeks time I have my 3rd wedding so looking forward to that.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:51 PM   #20

Great work Mark! Keep it up...down here in Hickville the going rate is around 3K+ per wedding (depending on the size).