Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:06 AM   #1

Hi guys,

I'm trying to practice with three of camera strobes so any comments and critiques would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

(incidentally, I know the subject is very pale however, the subject does naturally have a pale complexion!)

Visit my photoblog at:

Imagespike
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:06 AM   #2

Thanks to the expression of contentment on his face and the tigerlain on hislap proclaiminga sense ofsupremacy, his pose reminded me of that of an Assyrian king : ) Still, using lighting more sparingly, that is avoiding to enlighten distracting or uncomlementary things such as his feet, slippers, etc. would emphasize (any) intended impact, IMO. I also straightenedthe lines of the walls. Surely you can do a lot better as the poster

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:45 PM   #3

Lighting looks good on the main subject but there are shadows coming off the chair onto the wall that catches the eye. Maybe a small fill light to soften the shadows a bit would help.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:12 AM   #4

Apologies for the delay in responding!

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to the expression of contentment on his face and the tigerlain on hislap proclaiminga sense ofsupremacy, his pose reminded me of that of an Assyrian king : ) Still, using lighting more sparingly, that is avoiding to enlighten distracting or uncomlementary things such as his feet, slippers, etc. would emphasize (any) intended impact, IMO. I also straightenedthe lines of the walls. Surely you can do a lot better as the poster
Bahadir many thanks for taking the time to edit my shot! I appreciate your comments with regards to focusing attention on the upper part of the shot but in this case I felt that the slippers and in particular the superman pyjamas were just as much a statement as the other components of the image that's why i decide to include them. Maybe I need to concentrate more on my composition and ensuring that my shots are not too cluttered. Certainly a thought for the future. Also, thanks for correcting the wall!

Calicajun: Thanks for the helpful feedback, i certainly agree when considered against the fact that the human eye draws more information from shadow as opposed to light, those on the wall are certainly distracting. Next time I carry out a shoot like this I will certainly make sure I consider the use of a fill light for the background.

Many thanks folks!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote