Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:45 AM   #1

Hi,i met a girl on the internet about 3 months ago, we have been chating since and last week she sent me her photo.She said she has done some modeling 2 years ago when this photo was taken.Well i dont believe thats really her on the photo. Can you help me ?do you know whos on the photo please?

Attached Images

kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:37 PM   #2

Hi Kadok6330

Such a typical online joke.... you prompted me to write... and laugh Ha ha ha.... :-)

I am glad you seem not to seriously take this photo to be her! While it is possible such an attractive young woman chats with you on the internet for 3 months and THEN decides to post this photo... I very much doubt a model (as the photo girl obviously is!) would take 3 months. 3 minutes more like it!

Most girls would be so proud of this photo they would post it as their avatar or send instantly to people they connect with online. Not all... but most. Some models are modest about their beauty, but many, dare I say it most are not. :O

To find out for sure if the girl in this photo is the person (it could be a 12 year old girl, or a 85 year old man!) you chat with; ask them to do something unique. E.g. Ask them to stand on a street holding a hand-written sign that says: "Hi Kadok6330... it's me" and wear something red. She doesn't need to be in her bikinis to do that... but make sure we get a clear face shot and maybe part of her body. Send that photo to us and we'll most likely be able to tell if it's original or editted (e.g. cloned).

Sorry... I don't know the girl. As far as I know at this stage we can't search online by photo (though there is photo and face recognition software out there, it's usually applied in criminal detection as far as I'm aware). :idea:

One day maybe we'll be able to copy a photo into Google images and hit search and it will give us their true name, other details like what passports they hold and what they are doing right now (sleeping, at work, making a cup of tea, etc). However having read George Orwell's "1984" several years ago and recently having seen the movie, such a facility of "tracking people" by photo sounds a bit too much like (the real) Big Brother to me!

But back to the photo. Nice composition. Strikingly beautiful girl, with nice bikinis and lovely hair. Horizon might be out (off level) by half a degree. Lovely blue background. Good bokeh imho!

Thanks for the laugh... though I'll be laughing even more if it really is the girl..!! At this stage I think it's more likely I'll be selling freezers to eskimos tomorrow than finding out the person you chat with really is her. And I like in Australia... so I'd better be boarding that plane for the Artic now! :G

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:10 PM   #3

Thank you pj!

Here's her reply after i told her that i did not believe that the photo isreally her.

"i just read your email now at 245 pm sunday as power was off for 24 hrs.i was totally shocked at what you said.ist ive never lied to you,second i told u that the pictures were taken by a pro who said they would never be published,third as for us girls we are all indivudals,this was never a prank i couldnt and wouldnt do that to you.i really felt we had something special
, but your lack of faith and trust in me shot the hell out of that.oh ya the pictures were shot Before i joined the firm.dont have to worry about seeing me or talking to me ever again ill make sure never to bother you again.no reply from you is needed or wanted ,bye and i still love you."
kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:39 PM   #4

Call me old-fashioned, but I would find it impossible to be attracted to a woman on the basis of a purely electronic relationship, much less believe anything she had to say, but hey, that's just me...
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:01 PM   #5

Who is she? Oh that's my x-girlfriend.....LOL, sorry, I just had too !!
Jyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:13 AM   #6

Hi Kadok6330

Of course I expected such an answer. The person at the other end is probably very keen in playing all sorts of emotional games with "strangers" across the internet. They are probably getting their kicks out of it, trying to make their "character" sound as melodramatic as possible.

It's up to you if / how you want to respond (if you can). Like I said ask her to prove it's really her, by posting a photo of her doing something unique. But if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't waste my time.

While I might not go quite so far as hawgwild - I believe the VAST majority (like 99%) of purely electronic relationship are not so deep. Many many times there is a lot "hidden". However I do believe there are opportunities for us to get to know each other in electronic forums like this one. Hey, I certainly have friends on the forums here and respect a lot of people here on Steve's!

But... we have also had similar situations like yours, Kadok6330 even here on Steve's forums where a person posted a few photos of "herself" which ended up in a lot of controvesy. At the end of the day that photo was not the poster and was removed by the moderators.

JYeast has taken a humourous stance on it too.... Now I want to see the photo of JYeast and the ex-girlfriend on the beach together, coz I'm sure it was Jyeast who had taken the photo in the original post (with that nice lookin' lens of yours!) :?

Paul
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:21 AM   #7

I thought about posting that. You know the typical Fat guy with the cute chickand the caption that says, "He must be rich". LOL

I hope I did not offend anyone with my earlier response.

I too have engaed in the electronic dating world, following my divorce. Given our era and the technology state that we are in, it seemed appropiate. After much disappointment, I gave up. Shortly after that, I met the woman that I am now engaged to, after meeting her through a mutal friend. You just never know anymore.

I do think this and many other scenarios are also tied directly to the social networking sites like MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, and so on. I tell my kids all the time, you have NO IDEA who isonthe other end. In today's electronic age of hosting images, it's so easy to get a set or group of photos and display them as yourown.

You just have to be very careful and suspicious of all, unfortuantely. If this is some thing you really want to pursue and have optimism, she should understand and respect your skeptism. Ask her to send you a recent picture of her, holding up a sign or piece of paper with your name on it. Just a thought.

Best of luck, again, sorry for initially taking the lighter side of the issue.

John

Jyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:48 PM   #8

Hi John

Thanks for sharing your story and perspective. sorry to hear about your divorce, and the disappointment in the electronic dating world. You didn't offend me.. I understood your humourous point!

I think your advice to your children is spot on (you never know what type of people are on the other end). Even if you see their true photo- there could be lots of aspects or issues with people you don't discover until after spending real time with them in person. It's very different chatting with someone online to having a real person relationship.

All the best with your engagement and fiance!

Regards

Paul
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:31 AM   #9

Deleted
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:36 PM   #10

Im positive Ive seen this girl in a swimsuit ca lander, she models the stuff in the way elle and Rachael hunter used to. The face is very familiar
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote